Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
That is closer to methods that actual businesses use. However, I thought they started the smoke early as the smoke adheres better to a wet and cool meat surface.

I didn't start it earlier since the smoldering wood pellets adds heat to the inside of the smoker which makes it harder to keep the temperature at the lower temperature.

PSU
Print the post Back To Top
That is closer to methods that actual businesses use. However, I thought they started the smoke early as the smoke adheres better to a wet and cool meat surface.

c

I didn't start it earlier since the smoldering wood pellets adds heat to the inside of the smoker which makes it harder to keep the temperature at the lower temperature.

PSU
No. of Recommendations: 3
I have a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker (oh the horrors, probably banned from this board).

I would surely hope not.

In my late teens I started grilling various foods. I truly believed that what I was doing at that time was BBQ, because the TV said so. ;-)

Since joining this board, I learned that what I was doing was not "true BBQ."

However, I also learned that the majority of the folks on this board respect anyone and everyone who's willing to learn something new, regardless of whether they're grilling, smoking, BBQ'ing, whatever. And, also regardless of said equipment being used.

We all enjoy cooking many different types of food over an open fire...Charcoal, gas, wood, whatever. Hence the reason why we hang out here.

If I had enough money to "play with," The Boss already knows I'd own a sh!tload of kitchen appliances, spices and tools that half the room upstairs would be dedicated just to "my cookin' stuff."

Then, we'd go outside and see all'a the "rest of the story." I bet I could fill a three car garage with all'a the grills, smokers and whatnot that I wish I could own, but only because I could...If'n I was that rich. :-)

Y'all own an electric smoker? Cool beans. I'm jealous.

Bill

*I want a g@$grill, with two side-burners too, me
No. of Recommendations: 1

Hay Bill, why not build you one huuuggh?

I just (mostly) rebuilt my propane fired g@$ grill with parts from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HWK1QZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b... ) for quite a bit less than the price of a new grill. Axe-u-lee, about all I needed was 3 new burners and the new grates. I haven’t been able to get the spark igniters to work even with a new spark generator so I’m lighting it by hand. About the only thing I use the side burner fur now-a-daze is to light a chimney fulla charcoal fur one of da smokers or udder grills, me.
;-)

C.J.V. - DW be makin noises bout moving to Florida again, her
;-(

Did I brag yet on the side burners I got on my Lynx Grill this spring?

Saw 'em on Craigslist for less than half price, and convinced the guy selling them to come down and install them for some burgers with grilled onions cooked on the newly installed side burners.

So now, in the middle of summer heat, any frying or steaming (artichokes) gets done outside!

No more fryin' in the house.

Woohoo.

Burgers on the griddle, brats on the grill, kraut and onions/pepper on side burners.

Double woohoo.
I haven’t been able to get the spark igniters to work even with a new spark generator so I’m lighting it by hand.

Even with the high end Lynx, in a humid environment the igniters are dead within a year.

We resigned to that reality and got a few 6" long tipped butane lighters years ago. They always work.