No. of Recommendations: 1
That is outrageous! But then again, like a lot of the GiantBanks.com, Wells Fart-co is well known for pigeon-holing people and refusing to even consider the remote possibility that their system ain't right...

What I would do is get the new card, one I'm happy with, having looked at www.bankrate.com and then surfed this board looking for people's rants or raves about the issuer (keep in mind, though, that your mileage may ALWAYS vary - I have a very nice relationship with MBNA which involves a lot of groveling on their part, while others on this same board have trouble getting their collections department to give them the time of day!). Then, I'd close the first card and tell the old WFB to please take a very long walk off a very short pier (their corporate headquarters is in San Francisco, it's entirely possible they could do it...if one of the senior VPs would do it for me, I might even consider being a customer again <grin>).

I would do it this way to reduce inconvenience to me, BTW, not because I'm desperately concerned about how things look to the new creditor. It's an often glossed-over fact that WE are the consumers, here. We are the income generators for these credit card companies. They earn their annual profits not only through the fees that we pay for the convenience of letting those balances sit for a while or missing payments or what have you, but also by every single purchase we make. They need us far more than we need them.

Good luck - let us know which card you choose so we can inundate you with horror stories... <insert wicked cackling laugh here>

Onward!
Tamarian
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.