Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
That is so irritating. They should realize they made a mistake and live with it rather than try to cut your comp package.

I don’t know what they’re planning to do, Cosmos. My boss hasn’t come back to me. I don’t think they can make a change without my say-so, under UK law and I won’t agree to it.

I’m seriously wondering, though, whether the contract will last it’s term. I don’t know what they plan to do with me after SAP goes live and everything is reconciled. I haven’t got the band-width to job hunt right now, but I am still having regular friendly chats with a few recruiters.

In other news, DH - who has been unemployed since August - has just started a 3 month contract as an IT trainer. The money isn’t good (£135/day) but it’s better than nothing. Nobody is investing in training at the moment, with Brexit* on the horizon, so it’s been tough on him. (Frankly, nobody is investing in anything with all the uncertainty surrounding Brexit. I can count on my hands the number of project accounting roles I applied for last year - there was virtually nothing going until August/September last year.)

- Pam

* Yes, I voted remain. I think Brexit will be the biggest economic disaster to hit the UK since WW2.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.