No. of Recommendations: 1
That particular mine occurred during the Obama administration. As the Trillbillies state:”no one has your best interest at heart.” Or as Harry Lime sez in the “The Third Man”: “These days, old man, nobody thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don’t, so why should we? They talk of the people and the proletariat, and I talk of the mugs. It’s the same thing. They have their five-year plans, and so have I.”

The voters are the mugs; expecting that business as usual-selling of America changes with the election of a different party in office just ain’t true. The United States has the best government money can buy. The US government ignored that coal mining found a way around existing legislation [and i wouldn’t be surprised if the current legislation with intentional loopholes was engineered by the mining corporation bought congresspersons as a win-win. Congress gets to annouce & proclaim a solution was passed & mining industry continues its rape of the land. Sorta like Obamacare except the rape is of patients and health care industry & private insurers continue to benefit.]& nothing was done. Pharma & Wall Street & defense industry & health care industry etc all have their minions spreading cash amongst our representatives.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.