Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
That report while interesting, didn't say anything about Simmons that I could find. It seemed to be about a different subject for the most part.

>>Initiating a crash program 10 years before world oil peaking would help
>>considerably but would still result in a worldwide liquid fuels shortfall,
>>starting roughly a decade after the time that oil would have otherwise peaked.

>>* Initiating crash program mitigation 20 years before peaking offers the
>>possibility of avoiding a world liquid fuels shortfall for the forecast period.

>>The date of world oil peaking is not known with certainty, complicating the decision-making process.

Are you making a point here that we need to begin a crash program 10 or 20 years before an unknowable date? Trying to drink from your firehydrant of citing others' information is something I find frustrating.

I have no problem with the idea that oil will peak, and no problem with discussing what we can do to provide adequate supply for liquid fuels. However I do have a problem with assuming that we need a mega-size project, no doubt government funded, as the solution. Too many opportunities to get it wrong, waste a whole boatload of money, and make the problem worse than if that project had never existed.

Regards -- C44
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.