Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
That then raises the idea of doing something slightly different yourself. Long dated calls on an index that you think might offer better forward returns from here (QQQE?), and something less risky than bonds for some or all of the rest. (bills?)

Exactly what I was thinking, esp. on the LEAP side. I guess I wonder if it were you, Jim, if it would be QQQE or BRK?

But I doubt I could every put 90% of a portfolio into bonds at these prices, no matter how convincing the reasoning.

Hear you, though has worked now pretty much for 35 years running. There IS still room to run here, both physically and according to the likes of Rogoff, Reinhart, Ilsetzki, Mendoza, and Vegh if you believe them.

SWAN is very close to VBINX

Not sure it's all that similar. The construction and DD is quite different I think.

Another one is Cambria's TAIL ETF.

Also very different, esp in the sense that as the fund is designed to be a hedge against market declines and rising volatility, Cambria expects the fund to produce negative returns in the most years with rising markets or declining volatility.

The contrast of these two to SWAN: https://schrts.co/JjbNZiiZ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.