Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
That's why you see the accountant NOW. You don't bring your receipts. You bring your head. You will describe your business, what you do, where you spend money, how you make money. The accountant will ask questions and provide advice. S/he doesn't need the documents at this stage.

That makes good sense. Thanks.


Doc, if you can make such good sense as you do of all the Mechanical Investing writings, the IRS pubs should quickly become duck soup to you!

Just to add one more thought, which a tax specialist will probably bring up too, you may be able to use the C-EZ form. Essentially this is for the simple personal services kind of business where you have no equipment to depreciate. You can still deduct other business expenses, mileage for business travel, and account for changes in inventory value (for simple cases) -- should you have any.

PS: I enjoyed your work on the 24 hours show; those devices looked pretty realistic!

Karl (a TCE/AARP Tax-Aide volunteer)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.