Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
What I can’t understand with feuds is how so few if any of the members on either side can tell us who started the their problems.

At least the Hatfields and McCoys can remember the supposed origins of there mutual hatreds.

A history professor at Notre Dame (F. X. Noble in “Foundations of Western Civilization") says the Arab/ Jewish division started in Sumer (the first people to brew beer) a long time ago. He says that they both have nearly identical DNA, but the rift came because some of them were farmers and some of them were herdsmen. They didn’t have fences worth a sou and the sheep and goats would eat the farmers crops.

When things reached a breaking point, the farmers ran the shepherds off. He related it to the same feuds in the American West between ranchers, farmers and sheep men. In all the centuries from then people on both sides have long since forgotten their origins and the origins of their hate.

He says there are Palestinians who have Jewish religious objects (long ago hidden) that precede their ancestors’ forced conversion when they were subjugated and vice versa depending on the ebb and flow of dominance through the centuries.

IMNSHO the only reason they can’t learn this and embrace each other as long lost brothers and sisters is because between their first beers in Sumer and todays war they bifurcated into two incompatible religions. And neither side is open to admitting that their religion is possibly (I’m searching for the non-offensive word here, can anyone help me out?)

proton
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.