Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi.

This is the All Time High thread. Sometimes referred to as "ATH Thread" for the impatient or grumpy.

You are only allowed to post to this thread, if you port ended at an All Time High that day.
1 post max, per day you end at an ATH.

What you post is up to you. It could be "I told you so" or "gosh, I really am great" or it could be to promote your favorite book or movie, indirectly claiming a correlation between that activity and your port success. Maybe you want to mention the weather. Maybe you want to ask for help solving your kid's elearning trigonometry question, or perhaps you want to post a pithy quote.

Doesn't really matter. Point is, it is an exclusive club. Those at the pinnacle of their ports, and whose sole aim in life is to hopefully post to the thread over and over in the coming weeks and months.

Disclaimer: Do not post to ATH Thread on an empty stomach. One should not post to ATH Thread while driving. Posting to ATH Thread while intoxicated is acceptable, and frankly often likely. Do not post to ATH Thread if you are not actually at an ATH...you will go straight to hell, regardless if you are an atheist. (CNN fact-checked this and confirmed it as ACCURATE)

Dreamer
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
(walks up to mic)

Hello...

(taps mic)
(clears throat)

Hi...long-time follower, first-time poster to this thread.

Let's see. I like audiobooks, mainly sci-fi. I highly recommend "The Majestic 311" by Keith C. Blackmore, who also wrote the amazing Mountain Man series.
https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Majestic-311-Audiobook/B08D9S...

A good Western mixed with the Dark Tower Drawing of the Three and Wastelands, with a nod to Narnia and Alice in Wonderland, and maybe a bit of Mos Eisley. Really enjoyed it and only wish the author fleshed out more worlds and made it a 2 or 3-book series.

Can't say that my love of audiobooks are alone the reason my port finished at an ATH today. Primarily I guess, I didn't listen to the clowns that stated "this time it's different!" and expected every company to be worth tens or hundreds of billions, just because they have good metrics, and because I didn't chase momentum and because I followed a pre-set strategy and learned from past frothy periods of corrections and rotations.

Oh...and SPG. Mostly it was SPG. I imagine, being up 3% or so while others stained their pillows with their tears of regret pretty much is the reason I wound up on this thread.

So I guess...whoa...is that a buffet? Bacon, caramels, chili cheese burritos, creamsicles, and pizza, with Coke Zero to wash it all down? Amazing.

I hope I come back here often!

Dreamer <--- up a paltry 44% YTD, and finished at All Time High for port today!
No. of Recommendations: 0

So I guess...whoa...is that a buffet? Bacon, caramels, chili cheese burritos, creamsicles, and pizza, with Coke Zero to wash it all down? Amazing.

On a positive note:
ADHD is really a left-over trait of a hunter in the world of farmers. During our small tribe years there were hunters constantly looking for food, like the twitch of a monkey or bird and who could run for weeks after an elephant or big game.

MoSlo
ADHD, A-Type, Adrenaline Junkie, Fire Starter Neurotransmitter Makeup
90.4% YTD AH Monday, now back to 88% sigh
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the SPG tip. I grabbed some shares for my wife's IRA and it was the only green for her today. No ATH and she's only up 65% YTD thanks to ZM, CRWD, ENPH...you know that crowd. She has yet to even look at her account. Now if I could only match her performance.
No. of Recommendations: 2
ADHD is really a left-over trait of a hunter in the world of farmers. During our small tribe years there were hunters constantly looking for food, like the twitch of a monkey or bird and who could run for weeks after an elephant or big game.

Interesting. Is this a personal theory or something you’ve read/researched?

Humans did used to “outrun” game. When the game begins to lose stride, they constrict the diaphragm and can’t breathe as well denoting the end for them. Humans used to have to run multiple tens of miles in searing heat with “sandals” that wouldn’t double as purse strings today to chase them down.

AJ
I said:
"ADHD is really a left-over trait of a hunter in the world of farmers. During our small tribe years there were hunters constantly looking for food, like the twitch of a monkey or bird and who could run for weeks after an elephant or big game."

AJ:

Interesting. Is this a personal theory or something you’ve read/researched?

It comes from a book by Tom Hartman, "Attention Deficit Disorder". I learned about the book from a self-hypnosis .mp3 called "Manage ADHD" I bought from www.hypnosisdownloads.com.

So many times I have found myself charging through the jungle brandishing my machete thinking everyone else was running with me only to trip over someone digging for potatoes. . .

MoneySlob
Who collects self-hypnosis .mp3
Hi, MoneySlob!

Not looking to stir up trouble (really, I'm NOT!), but your post sent me down a rabbit hole.

I've been an avid fisherman my entire life until my Dad, my ultimate fishing partner, passed away. I haven't gone fishing since. I was also a bird hunter, both upland and waterfowl. I mention this because I've found hunting and fishing to be mesmerizing experiences (downright meditative), wherein my focus is so concentrated there's little movement, little conversation, very few distractions. That seems contrary to my perceptions of ADHD, but I'm not a sufferer so what do I know?

So go ahead and brandish your machete. I'll just stoop to pick up a potato. You won't bother me. In fact, you'll make my day more interesting.

Later...
No. of Recommendations: 8

So go ahead and brandish your machete. I'll just stoop to pick up a potato. You won't bother me. In fact, you'll make my day more interesting.

It's mainly a tongue in cheek observation why I run into trouble when least expecting it.

My point was ADHD is a left-over trait that was once useful.
Half of me grows potatoes as in "buy and hold". The other half of me will jump on a train roaring by just to see what it feels like as in "Zoom is going up! Buy more now!"

Your fan.
MoSlo
(fumbles with the door...realizes it is pull, not push...enters)

Oh hey...crap...hold on.

(goes back out to parking lot to get his mask)
(fumbles with door - again)

You guys hear me ok?

(taps mic unnecessarily - this isn't a studio recording)

So, uh, great to be back. Feels like I should be paying rent, I am here so much.
(awkward laugh)

Yeah, well, I hit another ATH today. Up 46% YTD, which normally I am pretty psyched about, but looking at all these folks driving Tesla's around here makes me feel my performance is underwhelming. Hrumph.

Still...I have never had higher port balances in my lifetime, than I have right now.
Nice feeling. Hope to be back again later this week.

(knocks on table)
(feels and looks more closely at table)
(holds internal dialogue on whether pressed particle board is, in fact, wood)
(wonders why the hell knocking on wood is a thing anyway...maybe put that on to-do list to google)

Ummm...seems pretty lonely here. I guess that tech correction recently hasn't completely come back yet. Does that pool table take quarters...don't they know there is a coin shortage...where the hell do I get quarters from. Maybe just make a grilled cheese. Or El Famous, with the chicken burrito that bleeds orange...so friggin good. I am still mad the hot latina hairstylist left Great Clips. It's the little things in life, you know?

Dreamer <--- at ATH today.
(throws open the door roughly)
(struts in to Stone Cold Steve Austin intro music)

Mean...By God...Gene! Whooooooooo!

(realizes that is Ric Flair...wrong wrestling persona)
(realizes he doesn't care - he is on a roll)

I am at yet another ATH today!
You can like it, or not like...but buddy, learn to love it, cause I'm the best thing going today!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dreamer <--- on a roll, up 52% YTD. No momentum/growth stocks.
Hey Dreamer-

Hit our ATH today. Mondo Bongo by Joe Strummer is my theme music right now.
Am not one of the big money guys. Targeted this number for a long time and am happy.
It's a good one in my book.

BTW- my favorite book is a novel called Triangle of Fire. About a young hotshot firefighter in Santa Barbara, CA finding his way in the world. Falls in love, gets his heart broken. Hasn't got ton of play yet, but the amazon reviews are solid. I can envision as a great netflix movie.

Definitely want to thank you for the inspiration. I don't always agree with your assessments, but appreciate how you make up your mind and follow your convictions. Zoom represents 45% of my portfolio. Most people think it's crazy to have such an outsized position. But I couldn't find another stock I like as much, so we let it roll. Number of people questioned me. But I listened to my inner voice. So thanks for that.

Has been a rollercoaster the past month. October will probably be even more crazy. Not sure if I'll stay 100% invested or not. Will have to ponder this. Am 55 and have dipped into the IRA to pay some bills couple times this year. Don't want to do that, but WTH. It's my money.

Thanks again.
JT
congrats!

I continually am wrong about ZM in the short term. Post-covid, we will see.
I guess you have to ask yourself, they may be growing 300% y/y now thanks to pandemic, but what happens to the y/y growth in 2021?

If market predicts future, I don't think you will have until Q2 or Q3 ER results in 2021 before the stock sells off hard, anticipating the growth slowdown. Offices will reopen.

Sure, they could get boost from Zoom phone/conf rooms, but that is the antithesis of the WFH trade anyway, so that is just as likely to go to MSFT or CSCO who have been doing onprem conf room gear for years.

I would have sold ZM many dollars ago, so obviously my advice on that stock is crap.
Happy for you though!

Dreamer <--- not at ATH at the moment...grrr.
No. of Recommendations: 9
ATH* declared.

* because I haven't recorded daily closing prices for many months now. I know the Port reached an ATH on September 1 because that was the day after the Zoom earnings announcement. I could calculate that ATH value but I have too many stocks and I don't really care all that much. I know ZM hit $457 that day and it is now $470, and DDOG was 85.77 in sympathy and is now $102 so I am pretty confident and am making the formal declaration. Only hesitation is because DW's IRA is 0.37% below her September 1 ATH (she has Schwab and they show a chart of daily closing portfolio value). She has a different mix, though.

O.k., so I am up 77.5% for the year.

Dreamer says we need an exit strategy. I observe 3 very general exit strategies on the boards. the most widely held (on the boards I frequent) is to be 100% invested in a concentrated portfolio (most commonly the digital transformation names). This is by far the most successful to date. The idea is that when the crash/correction/rotation comes, the portfolio gains will be so obscenely large that no one will give a rat's read end. A second strategy is to hold cash. Bert recently was on a mission to go to 50% cash but a funny thing happened on the way to the forum: there was a small correction and I think he returned to normal cash level. The third strategy, if I may characterize it thus is Dreamer's: invest with an eye to post-COVID, what will regain value significantly and avoid an anticipated rush for the exit from the very high EV/S stocks.

I have taken the cash route which I will claim to be the Middle Way. In my case, I first reduced cash in April and then as the stocks began the dizzying climb I moved a percentage of the gain to cash. From a low of 18% (nearly all in laddered treasuries for 4 years RMD) I have increased cash to 53% while reducing treasuries to 3%. If my stocks go down 50% tomorrow, I will be 70% cash and up 35% for the year. Of course, the devil is in the execution. How do you know when to invest that increasing percentage of cash?

My portfolio:

ZM       8%
DDOG 7%
FSLY 7%
TTD 3%
SHOP 3%
CRWD 3%
OKE 2%
BILL 2%
LGIH 2%
TWLO 2%
SPG 2%
11 other stocks and 4 tranches of treasuries 5%

I intend to increase CRWD to 7% and BILL to 6%. LGIH will be increased as the p/e gets down to the 7.5 to 8.5 range. As far as the businesses are concerned (ignoring valuation) I rank ZM, DDOG, FSLY, CRWD and BILL as the most attractive. I plan to ride them wherever they go while siphoning a %-age of the gains into cash while reserving the right to go more cash should non-market events raise my concerns... even higher.

Good luck to all

KC
Congrats on your ATH!

Nothing wrong with a Middle Way strategy.

"Mid-World is one of the many worlds or levels of the Dark Tower. It is the world that Roland Deschain inhabits. It is also the only world from which it is possible to enter the Dark Tower. Arthur Eld once united all of Mid-World under his rule and it was known for a time as the Kingdom of All-World."

Being associated with Roland of Gilead is, like, totally cool.

Dreamer <--- in this realm, at least.
All time high today - passing the previous ATH hit one month ago on Sept 1, but more importantly, on a rocket ship since the lows of late March and up around 115% YTD. 2020 has been an amazing year for investing that I have to assume I will never see again.

My port largely consists of several of the same names from Saul's board (ZM, CRWD, DDOG, etc.) as well as some of the big tech names (AMZN, GOOG, etc.). Crazy to think just 6+ months ago I was rethinking my retirement timeline and my 'number', assessing whether I could retire in maybe 3-5 years on less than I was initially hoping to have. And now I've blown past that number and can retire today if I wanted to.

Starting to sell some covered calls to get me through election season. If values keep rising, I'd be fine giving back some of that upside to lock in the ability to likely retire next year. And if the market gives some back, I likely will still be confident to call it a career.
@LGM2007-

Congrats on hitting your number! I, too, would protect assets in order to retire next year! I'm still ~60% cash...

MY ATH was Sept 1, too, but I've not quite made it back there.

I have my wife's IRA at an ATH again, over 80% YTD, and that's with 35% in boring ETF's. She has never looked but if she did this is what she'd see:
ZM
CRWD
AMZN
DDOG
BRKB
ENPH
TDOC
MELI
PTC

I'll never catch her as I draw my port down for living, taxes and donations (and a new workshop!) I'm still up 30% with 40% locked in boring stuff since I am retired.

Crazy market, but I'm not fighting it.
Since I posted the 9/22 ATH, the account bounced downward and around and finally finished higher yesterday for a new ATH.

This morning was up another 3% but have since retraced and am flat for the day at 10:40am Pacific time. Am weighing whether to put some into cash prior to the election, but haven't yet decided.

I recently started writing down the finishing price of each holding and the portfolio value each day. This has really helped when there's a big swing downward.

With September's wide swings, after a tough down day, I'll look at the account balance and remind myself, "Okay. We're where we were last Tuesday, five days ago."
Then the losses don't seem so worrisome.

Thanks.
JT
No. of Recommendations: 19
An ATH is an ATH, no matter how small. Celebrating other ATH’s…

Sembach tower, Pogo 39, 15 miles northwest requests high speed pass, 500feet, heading 135, over

Today I am almost 2 inches shorter and 10 pounds lighter, a kind of stooped over man of 79. ADD or ADHD weren’t even a thing back then and I could have just been labeled an underachiever. Whatever, I guess I lacked the motivation and focus to overachieve, and if anyone thought I did overachieve this would have been a result of their underestimating my capability.

Pogo 39, we have negative traffic you are cleared for high speed pass, call 5 miles out.

Today, I still lack the motivation and focus to execute more than an occasional deep dive, though I find them deeply satisfying on their infrequent completion. I have files on my computer for individual stocks but even if I file away posts and earnings calls, I don’t rewrite and condense in my own words the way Saul does. Back then investing was more instant gratification as in soybean futures.

Sembach, Pogo 39 5 miles out. Pogo 39 you are cleared.

Imagine a window rattling roar.

Thank you Pogo 39

click click

But there are different kinds of focus. There is the prolonged focus and discipline of maintaining current knowledge of a company’s performance. Then there is the focus of being in the moment, of being the moment, where everything seems slow motion and maybe it isn’t really focus at all because everything is seen and felt and smelled and heard in detail—a totally relaxed, totally conscious period of time.

At 500 feet and 540 knots, the terrain flows past in a rushing torrent: cross over a road, the edge of a tree pattern, a bend in a creek. Coming up a road intersection, closer, closer, BANK! 60 degrees left, new heading, roll out, target 40 nautical miles ahead, 4 and a half minutes, split the tree patterns and right on course.

540 knots was an ATH. It was a limit. Oh, one could squeeze out a couple of more knots, but the standard was to fly at multiples of 60: 6 nm per minute, 7, 8, 9. But 10 per minute exceeded the airspeed limit on external fuel tanks and scattering shredded aluminum over the countryside would be frowned upon. Being the moment is exhilarating. Being behind the moment is a mass of confusion wherein mistakes are made.

Sometimes I have been planning a trade. Market opens, check portfolio. ZM is above my price target. Hit the expand icon to see all the purchases. Internet is slow…. O.k., there they are. Click a previous purchase of 20 shares, slow, slow, c’mon. There. Argh the bid has dropped. Select SELL. Slow. Everything not in focus. Preview, click. C’mon! Next screen, but I have it on 110% view and the ENTER ORDER box is not visible. Click, click scroll down, Enter. Exhale. Trading position closed. $200 profit. Not eve a ripple on the pond, but it is action, not instant gratification but 2 days and it scratches the trade itch. But too chaotic to be really satisfying. No style points. However, I did get style points Friday night. I expected to find most of my stocks down at the open and there was SPG at the bottom of the leader board. I increased my position by 16 % and those shares closed up 4.6%. And that helped me eek out 0.04% gain and an ATH post versus a 2.2% drop in the NASD. (Pause while awaiting polite applause). Got that with gains in my 7th, 8th 9th and 10th largest positions: OKE up 4.99%, LGIH up 2.46%, SPG up 2.51%, and TWLO up…. 13.0%. So much for your 6-stock portfolios.

Well, the old man’s legs get tired. Too tired, too quickly. Not good when you live on a hill in a house with too many stairs. So now and then, but not often enough (focus, dedication?), I do a little step aerobics or jazzercise—such as I remember them from my days going to the community center, only going for the exercise and NOT because the classes were 90% young women. I slip in the 1985-1989 Only Rock and Roll CD and there’s Aretha and Freeway of Love. Between songs I do 15 senorita push ups, and by the time Obsession drifts away, I’m ready to cool down as Foreigner wants to know what love is and I practice strutting as Dream Academy explains life in a northern town. You know what strutting is. I think that Dreamer’s boys are old enough to strut. It is nothing that is learned, it just is. My body gets tired and it seems easier to shuffle, but if I remember, I can still imitate the “It’s Hard to be Humble when You Are as Great as I Am” strut. So as the too slow to Jazzercise songs are on, I march or strut. The Inside Dog cocks his head and wonders WTF as I walk with attitude and then ask “who went yard? WHO went yard” and I answer “I went yard! Went yard, man”, and feel it as I felt it walking home from that game in my Camelot period in 1962, feet not really touching the ground. From whence the erroneous Oforfive originates. Should be Oforseven, but my memory had faded. I was a townie, academic junior with a red shirt on a team that had not been expected to be very good—a rebuilding year. But we were undefeated and 4 games from setting a new school record for consecutive wins and we had won the regular season opener against the arch rival the day before. I had clawed my way into the starting lineup, roaming centerfield and owning the #3 spot in the lineup. But these guys on the mound this weekend were better than the small college lineup that the coach had served up for his rebuilding team and I wasn’t catching up with their fastballs and was owning a regular season 0-7 going into the 7th inning of a 6-6 game. Two out, bases empty. They had brought in their #3 pitcher to start the 7th and he got two quick outs.

He doesn’t throw as hard as those other two and he has thrown a lot of curves. One is a 12-6 curve, doesn’t break into me, just down. Boy, the grass sure is green right now and I can hear every voice, every sound so clearly. Everything is slow motion. The ball is bright white and crystal clear and the red seams are spinning and I see it right out of his hand. Keep the hands s back, weight is back! back shoulder drops, right should comes up and the bat head takes a little up angle to match the ball’s trajectory. Sweet contact.

As they say today, the pitch had “depth”. Well, it also floated. Hung. I can close my eyes even today and see it dropping into the happy zone, flashing “hit me, hit me”. Thigh high, middle of the plate and with all of my 5’ 8” 160 lbs I had no trouble catching up with it, perfect contact and deposited it over the wall in right center. This was only the second in my lifetime over-the-fence home run and as I circled the bases I kept looking to make sure the ball wasn’t really in play somewhere.

So I did indeed strut home that late afternoon, a 8-6 win in the books, with everything still seeming in slow motion and still hearing every sound, enjoying every aroma, noticing how especially green the grass was, but feeling nothing under my feet ‘cause I was in a floating strut. (Note: the next week we tied the record but in the next game I made two errors in one inning game, took the collar and we lost. Two weeks later I was on the bench, my .500 pre-season average a very faded memory as my replacement went on to have enough games and at-bats to win the league batting title.) It had been my One Brief Shining Moment. It was bubble. It was dot.com and subprime, decades before their times. Baseball, like investing, is a very humbling game. We did take the league championship and then a second and almost a third and I had my share of highs and lows but it took 30 more years, an ACL and a labrum capsule repair and a dislocated shoulder before I made another ATH on the diamond.

So there you have it, ATH fans. My music stuck in Aretha-land as I try to learn (not master—focus, dedication?) the chords for Streisand’s Memory on my keyboard. Passes time in the age of COVID and its 24-hour stay at home decree. Of course I could read all those blogs and posts and K’s and Q’s that I have filed away in dustless digital silicon. I could condense that information into actionable internalized knowledge…. Nah, I’ll walk out to the kubo and see how the sun and the wind are playing with the water. Sittin’ on the dock of the bayyyyy, watchin’ the tide….

KC
No. of Recommendations: 6
I've been a long-time lurker and few-and-far-between poster, but I'm here to note an ATH.

This ATH includes our crappy 401Ks which have a limited variety of mutual funds to choose from and represent about 13% of our total investments. These 401Ks have been pulling the overall port down, but I feel like I still need to include them to be completely transparent. We've given up making contributions that exceed matches, and have started putting those funds in a regular taxable trading account with the idea that we'll make a lot more there and can tap it for early retirement without penalty. My husband doesn't believe me that he'll get to retire early, but I'm inclined to prove him wrong.

That said, we're up 87.27% YTD (I only track totals at the end of the week or I'd drive myself mad).

By the way, DreamerDad, a few years ago I researched TTD and wavered as to whether or not it would be a good buy. Shortly thereafter, you posted about it, and I picked some up and sat tight. I've trimmed here and there over time, but it's still decent size holding and has served us well over the years, so I owe you a 'thank you!' and this seems as appropriate a place for that as any.
crappy mandatory mutual funds...a common theme dragging many of us down!

Congrats on your ATH!

I am sincerely surprised at the number of people who have offered thanks for influencing them on TTD. Classic case of do as I say and not as I do (or something like that) as I would have had a Saul-esque return YTD at this point if I just simply did nothing all year, instead of selling TTD at $265.

Que sera sera...

I am still hovering at the 40-45% YTD gain..still hoping to finish year on a burst (and at/near high), whereas in the previous 5 years I almost always seemed to have the yearly high take place in Summer months.

2020 is a one-off. Plain and simple. E-learning, investing, WFH, how/where we eat. Really starting to see the impact of covid on tv/movie programming now. I have been playing hot potato with streaming services, binging any relevant shows and cancelling my subscription when there is nothing new I am interested in watching.

Thank the universe lately for:
The Boys - Prime
Raised By Wolves - HBOMax
Lovecraft Country - HBOMax
Cobra Kai - Netflix

and then last night, good ol' cable came to the rescue with Walking Dead final/delayed episode, and Fear the Walking Dead starts next week. Fargo season 4 has been taped...hope it is ok, as I enjoyed first 3 seasons.

I think we need a "This is the my favorite shows thread" thread. Hmmmm.

Dreamer
Intraday made it to ATH this afternoon. Previous ATH was early September, so I abruptly panicked and sold out, only to repurchase right after labor day.

I'm primarily in a small group of hypergrowth small-caps: FSLY, PTON, DDOG, SQ, ZM, SHOP CRWD, DOCU...listed in order of returns since my Sept re-purchase.

I also have second tier positions in TSLA, NVDA, SNOW (not positive yet :), TDOC, FVRR & ENPH (via options).

Finally, ode to Dreamer & Gaucho, I have covered positions in SPG and GOLD :)

Thanks for this thread that lets me gloat a bit, even with all my flaws as an investor! I appereciate this community

Warning - I’m at an all time high. I think I hit it a day or two ago but don’t watch that closely. I know I’m there now.

Also, I usually just keep my mouth shut as opening it usually precedes a market dip by less than one week.

Tread carefully :)

AJ
Another ATH this week - officially doubled since the beginning of the year - 105.66%. When I exclude the 401Ks, it's even nicer at 130% YTD.

Top holdings are:
ROKU
ZM
FSLY
CRWD
TTD
NET
DDOG

My gut tells me I'm going to see a big drop soon and trimming some for cash would be a good idea, but I know that if I do that everything will just continue to climb and we'll miss out.
ATH. I won't mention stocks because that affects my ability to trade them. But feel free to look at my profile for more details. One section has the mandatory (for TMFers) list of holdings. But, in another, I show my top 30 holdings ranked by size (as of quarte-end, although I don't disclose percentages). Thankfully, I've had some absolutely beautiful dancing partners.

Note for the perfectionists among you... I only calculate my numbers at end-of-week, typically. This is my all-time-Friday-high. I suspect it is pure ATH also, but I can't say that with certainty.

Dreamer memorably encouraged me into one solid holding, which has helped.

Fool on!
Thanks, and best wishes,
TMFDatabaseBob
Maintenance Coverage Fool
See what a "Coverage Fool" does here: http://www.fool.com/community/community-team.aspx
See my holdings here: http://my.fool.com/profile/TMFDatabasebob/info.aspx
Peace on Earth

Please note: I am not a member of any newsletter team. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the TMF advisers. I am a Maintenance Coverage Fool (see the above link for details). I am not an investment professional, merely an investor.
Hi, it's me again. Actually this is the fourth time this week I've come to this club. Becoming a regular lounge lizard. Good thing I never go out without my machete, even if I go out only to reach the star gate. Man, coming up to the mike I had to cut my way through one helluva tangle of anxiety and apprehension. Uneasy rests the head that wears the crown, or that proclaims ATH. The investment gods might notice, huh?

I am within a couple of thou of another number with lots of trailing zeros and I kinda feel the same way. My greed is just slightly more than my fear, though. My cash is reduced in amount and, of course, even more so in percentage. 49.94% cash. So, let's see what brilliant investment decisions were behind this week's stellar performance.

Ahem. Bought CRWD twice, trying to move it up nearer to my top 3. Those 3 keep moving up and away from the pack. CRWD adds were down 2.3% and up 0.1%. Those didn't help. Then added to SHOP. That buy is up 3%, DOCU up 0.3%. Then there was my little mistake of the week. Thought I was buying SPG but discovered later that I had opened a position in SPGI. That's Standard and Poors Global. With E*Trade, they "help" with a kind of accelerator so when I entered SPG, there was this little dropdown box with SPGI on top, then SPG and then another 5 or 6 symbols. Attention to detail and and behind the power curve and all those things and I was the proud owner of SPGI. Reversed that the next day, more SPG in the port which cost me 3.2% on that. DREAMER!!! Where is he?

FSLY has surged to #1 at 9% followed by ZM at 8.3%, DDOG at 7.5%, with CRWD moved up to 4.0% via purchases, TTD at 3.4%, SHOP at 3.3%, OKE 2.3%, BILL still at 2.0%, SPG 2.0%, LGIH 1.7% and TWLO 1.7% and then all the rest.

I want to let those top three keep running and there isn't enough value in "all the rest" to get CRWD and BILL to 5%. My objective (other than recording regular ATH's) is to have lots of cash through the election and whatever turmoil ensues. End of January..., say 100 days, 70 trading days. Tik-tok, tik-tok. I feel your anxiety.

KC
No. of Recommendations: 5
ATH. 7 days in a row.

ZM, CRWD, DDOG, FSLY, NET, MELI, SHOP, LVGO.

Significant options in:

FSLY, NET, LVGO, TDOC, CRWD.

This convexity play is really working.

2 observations:

1. The portfolio continues to drive well beyond any reasonable return expectations (sound familiar?) at over 104% for ALL investments combined (this includes classic cars and other illiquid investments)

2. My port is bumping up against the top of a diverging bull pattern. If I was holding a macro index in lieu of my holdings, I would be selling calls at this point, as a technical trader.

Since I am neither interested and/or polished at that game, I'll just continue weighing reducing my convexity play by closing out options contracts. I may/may not do so, though these are really intended to be long, slow burn, options to increase exposure to the future of these companies.

Problem is, returns that grow this soon, this fast, reduce the "convexity" and run, asymptotically towards the 1:1 value of equity changes over time. (I've already gleaned the bulk of the volatility premium, leaving only real In The Money returns and whatever time value premium is left. Eventually, the return on these will fall below simply owning the stock.

What good problems to have.

Cautiously yours.
This thread is getting long! Great issue for us! While not 5 days in a row, another ATH today. PTON and FSLY are the run away leaders since my purchase in early Sep. Like GDavenport, I have layered some LEAPS options on tier 1 holdings that lag PRON & FSLY...but I'm not nearly as eloquent as he is :). Kind of considered adding to the two big winners, but haven't yet.

Cramer made me grin this morning when he used Goldnan's analysis ro rec SNOW after dissing it since the IPO. Have to admit I nibbled on opening day (still flat since then).

Surly this cannot go on ad infinitum (but I'm OK with the ride).

Ended the week at another all time high, though just barely at 105.84% for the year. I got a boost early in the week from NET which was offset by FSLY's drop a day or two later. I'm guessing my actual ATH was between those two events, but I track everything weekly. I'm starting to trim a little on my top earners to build a little bit of a cash cushion heading into earnings season. In past years, our ATH's have come earlier in the year with drops in Sept/Oct, so being at an ATH right now feels a little scary.
I wasn't expecting to be back here so soon, after watching our port free fall a bit during the second half of October. This past week saw a pretty incredible recovery, with TTD, ROKU and NET earnings coming in and pulling us back up to 112.83% gains YTD.

I believe DDOG reports this week, so we'll see what that brings. I let go of half our FSLY holdings as the knife fell so it's now one of our smallest positions.

Current largest positions:

ZM
TTD
NET
ROKU
CRWD
DDOG
Must have been pretty lonely at the ATH Club Friday night. Congratulations. TTD helped me out, and I had ROKU and some remaining FSLY, but NET is in only DW's IRA, not mine. And most of the ROKU was purchased Monday for my selling covered calls, Missed out on most of the ROKU gain. And had part of my FSLY used for covered calls.

So on a monthly basis I am ATH but still 5.5% below daily ATH. I nibbled and nibbled and have deployed nearly 20% of my cash. Still sitting on 49% cash.

I'm watching those senate races 'cause I don't think Mr. Market would like to see it turn blue. I might be wrong about that. Could be good for Dreamer's portfolio, though.

KC
I'm watching those senate races 'cause I don't think Mr. Market would like to see it turn blue.

Agreed. And we won’t know now until January I believe. Those two runoffs in GA are going to be ultra important. Wall Street likes gridlock. If the Senate turns, katy bar the door.

This is not political commentary, but merely my view on how the market will react. History is on my side. The market does not do well when the House and Senate are controlled by one party and it doesn’t matter which party has the majority either. The market doesn’t do nearly as well compared to a split Congress.

Of course, history does not always repeat itself, but I’m guessing it will if Congress goes all blue.
History is on my side. The market does not do well when the House and Senate are controlled by one party and it doesn’t matter which party has the majority either. The market doesn’t do nearly as well compared to a split Congress.

---

I think pandemic/vaccine, aka covid play is a bigger macro factor.

Overbought momentum balloons should let air out while fear-led declines give way to reality the world didnt end for some companies.

In fact...some companies may emerge stronger.
Dreamer <--- on a roll, up 52% YTD. No momentum/growth stocks.

---

Hi everyone...

Chorus: "hi Dreamer..."

So - yeah - ahem. It has been 3 weeks and 3 days since my last ATH.
Glad to be back.

Based on my AH at the moment on SPG, this may not last a full day, but I will take my wins where I can!

I see vaccines a-coming.
I see holiday shopping on the horizon.
I see positive potus messaging and tone.
But mostly I see a crap-ton of vaccine news blurbs in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

SPG for the win, baby!

Dreamer <--- up a measly 65% YTD, and still near the floor for his current investment.
Well, damn!

Not about the market. I just lost a very long post. Vanished into the ether.

Second time in last 7 hours. Well, I can't do it again. So, short version only

Double kudos to da Dreamer.

Maybe more to follow in coming days.

KC
Dreamer <--- up a measly 65% YTD, and still near the floor for his current investment.

---

(pushes against door)
(pushes harder...won't budge)
(realizes it says "pull")

Well...Sammy Hagar always said it was easier to push instead of pull, but I guess he didn't know what the hell he was talking about. A bit too much tequila, methinks.

Anyhoo...I managed to tie my ATH today. Thought it would eek out a new one, but unless it is a whole percentage point higher, I call it a tie.

SPG recently had a solid ER, and mgmt is executing exactly as promised.
They recently avoided a prolonged and costly court battle and settled with Taubman and bought their collection of high-end and mainly tourist malls at about $1b discount ($800m less in cash and Taubman can't issue new dividends).

While in the very short-term the Taubman properties are impacted by covid even more than SPG, they are also as I saw one online writer write (so it must be true!) that they are "Amazon-proof" because in a non-covid world they are typically awash with tourist traffic. Either way, the Taubman news was largely ignored due to Moderna also coming out and stating they had an awesome vaccine. Trump took all the credit, as he apparently works in a lab when not contesting election results.

Either way, more vaccine news equated to another SPG pop, and you kinda/sorta feel a trend and how it may continue. Next up will be some emergency authorizations, and then the first batches will go out, and so on and so on.

Still up a paltry, meager, modest 65% YTD.
Still a month and half to go, and anything can happen!

Dreamer
Thought it would eek out a new one, but unless it is a whole percentage point higher, I call it a tie.

C'mon, Dreamer. Don't be raising the integrity bar on the ATH thread. Take it out 4 decimal points if need be.

I'm looking at my portfolio and planning changes. The keepers I plan to have, and current %'s, are:

BILL, 4%; TTD, 5%; SPG, 4%; OKE, 3%; LGIH, 2%; FOUR, 2%, AFTPY, 2%. Obviously, I have a lot of selection to to. I think I'll keep some DDOG and CRWD and even some ZM. I'm not going to concentrate the portfolio. I'm sifting through Bert's IT Growth Portfolio. I see 5 or 6 candidates there. Can't say what they are. I figure I can disclose a few favorite names from Saul's board that Bert doesn't have--his giving a nod or two to value. Uhmm, ZM, DDOG, TTD, NET, FSLY, MDB, AYX, SNOW, DOCU, OKTA, ETSY, ZEN.... While waiting to shift cash to stocks, I can at least reallocate what is already invested.

Let's see if SPG has another 1% in it Tuesday.

KC
Hey guys.
Yes...this is the same shirt I was wearing yesterday.

Look...I wanted to bring more to the table here too, and I bought that 7-layer taco dip but forgot it in the car overnight and I kinda thought it was borderline.

I did finish up .01% today. Yay. Whoo.

Ahem.

Still at ATH (for a close anyway - intraday highs have been higher 3 times in past couple months).

Dreamer <--- cranked that ATH up another .01%!
Still up a paltry, meager, modest 65% YTD.
Still a month and half to go, and anything can happen!

Dreamer

---

Walks in...acts surprised like he didn't know the cake (which he ordered for himself) was sitting there!

"oh...you guys are the best! You really shouldn't have...I am not materialistic or self-centered...I HATE this attention."
(tries for the humble look)

Anyhoo.
Gosh.

Well...what can I say, I am now up 68% YTD.
Still no growth/momentum stocks, and the full tailwinds of vaccines rollouts at my floor.

I would be happy to end the year here, as I expect similar returns in 2021 for a great 4-5 year CAGR.
Let's see what happens!

Dreamer
Back again.

It occurs tome that John Cusack has been around forever.

He was about 19 yrsoldin the classic Better Off Dead.

Much like the paperboy that wanted his 2 dollars, i am going to allow the gratuitous use of rounding up on 69.52% to proclaim I am now up a cool 70% YTD from my prev high of 68%.

And not a single vaccine has been adminiatered yet.

Enjoy the weekend all!

Dreamer
Congrats, Dreamer!

And if I could just have the mic for a minute....

Last week took a bit of a downturn, but I held on, didn't make any major moves and have recovered and then some. <Hey-oh! TTD!> Now back up to an ATH of 113.05%.

I, too, would be happy to end the year here, but we'll see what happens.

<Hands mic back to Dreamer>
I, too, would be happy to end the year here, but we'll see what happens.

<Hands mic back to Dreamer>

---

(immediately drops mic...trying to do that cool "drop the mic thing")
(realizes he needs to speak still...awkwardly picks mic back up)

Muffled sounding "hey there everyone"

(is handed new mic from the AV guy that just glares at him...)

I guess you aren't really supposed to drop microphones, huh? Who knew?!

Anyhoo, back again. I should get a pair of slippers to wear here, and maybe a loveseat to sit in. Can I get a fake cigar to pretend with?

At 78% YTD.

Dreamer
Back to back ATH days Friday and Monday, first since Oct 14. I had around 30% cash then but below 10% now. A lot of buys looking really good ~30 days later. TSLA @382, TTD @564, ROKU @202.50, TDOC @179. But a few limits that just missed - MJ 10.30 (21 cents) DOCU @185 (36 cents).

Good luck to all.
I hope to stop by later today again.

SPG just hit my EOY original target of $90 (intraday) a minute ago.

About a month early so a dip now wont surprise me. I dont expect to end the year higher than I am now.

Lets see how this all ends!

Dreamer
Hi,

Me again.

85% YTD

Yay.

Dreamer
91.5% today
114% in Roth IRA that I left alone

I have been adding back in for the last week at 4:30am. Went to all cash middle July and played with 10%-25% off and on since then, hit 102% a while back
And shoulda been happy.
We are all just a nudge above last months dip.
No. of Recommendations: 8
First time poster to ATH, several ATH this year.

thanks to the Elon shorters.
No love to the TP hoarders.

Thanks to the Zoomers.
Especially those using for the first time and loving it- looking at you boomers.

Much love to the Wayfair.
The W is also great hotel there.

Really appreciate APPN.
That 300% this year is really portfolio hittin'

I laughed at my wife's first ever stock pick,
But RH @ $48 has allowed us to stack a few bricks.

Shameless plugs to future drivers of 2021s ATH, a very bio-centric hope:
SE
SNOW
Fastly
CRWD
BPMC
BLUE
TXG
Butterfly (already bought into their SPAC placeholder)

Happy Thanksgiving!
<emerges from turkey coma>

<checks portfolio>

<taps mic>

ATH of 126.32% for the year.

Looking back at the last two years, our port tends to drop in December, so we'll see if this ATH holds. Staying over 100% would be a pretty good feeling.

<returns to fridge for leftover turkey sammies>
Hi,

Me again.

85% YTD

Yay.

Dreamer

---

New intraday high didn't last, but still finished at new ATH at close at 86%.

Slammed with work today.
Got a new project that will crush me for next two weeks, and then on blissful vacation last two weeks of month.

So I am probably going dark a bit. So if SPG plunges or skyrockets and you don't hear from me, or if ZM drops to $200 in a massive rotation and I fail to gloat about CAKE or something, that is why.

Good luck all...let's finish December strong and enjoy possibly the most needed vacation, thanks to all that is/was 2020, ever. Last year in Dec, I remember heading to see Star Wars with my kids and there was no covid and things were good. Things are generally still good and I try not to take family/health for granted, but it sure feels different this Dec.

I think you all get what I mean. ATH ports are great. Just wish the world didn't seem like it was burning down around us while it happened.

Dreamer
Me too! Thank you CRWD and OKTA.

Up 140% YTD and still can't believe it.
approaches the ATH mic for the sub-100%ers. It is shorter and has some feedback issues.

Looks over at the diamond-encrusted ATH mic for the over-100%ers, which is next to the exclusive mobile japanese steak and sushi station. Which is next to the dessert table.

"Dammit! 96% ATH. One of these days I will be one of the cool kids, too!"

Dreamer <--- small mic guy, 96% YTD.
Small guy mic here, too. 11/30 and today for my account. Wife's account ATH today, too. Mix of Saas, REIT forum trading positions (incl one SPG), and a basket of e-commerce names-some of whom are Saas, too. I'll be shocked to make it to the cool kids mic prior to yr end. o well, still happy, healthy enough, and got a great mtn bike ride in today on the frozen tundra.

Steps up to the diamond encrusted over-100% ATH mic.

Wow, sparkly.

Ahem.

134% <echo>percent percent percent</echo>

And special effects too.

So much for early week "sector rotation" and "Zoom earnings drop".

TTD, Roku, NET contributing nicely.

Takes seat at oversized table with spread of fresh seafood and filet mignon.

Eyes empty seat at far end of table.

You're close, Dreamer. So close.
could be gone tomorrow, but today...Party Time. can't bring myself to trim...yet

Ha!
I won't be reduced to bellying up to the bar at H ghb lls this week. Nosireee. Its ATH for me. It would be ATH Club for the Dear Wife, too, except she won't go 'cause she could use only the cheap mic. Yep, my IRA, the wife's IRA and the brokerage account all hit ATH on Tuesday. And my IRA is up 100.118%, year-to-date. I get the diamond studded mic.

Here's the top 7 that got me there:

BILL 7.6%
SPG 6.0
CRWD 5.9
TTD 5.3
DDOG 5.0
OKE 5.0
SHOP 3.0

Cash is down to 31% with target of 16% by mid-January and then 10% when I take my RMD.

Bill is a bit of a post COVID play in that their customers are SMB's with bias towards S.
SPG is Dreamer's back-to-the-mall play
CRWD, even though security, IMO is still taking market share in a growing market.
TTD is a if it ain't broke don't fix it stock. Might be hot air but the balloon goes up.
DDOG is moving down in confidence. I can't differentiate what they do from the next vertical.
OKE is the natural gas liquids processor and pipeline. Scary high dividend but no sign of reduc.
SHOP is e-tailing company with nowhere to grow that keeps finding places to grow.

SHOP is a 10 bagger that keeps bagging. Why not a 20-bagger in two years?

I obviously have a lot of sub-3% holdings to make up the other 31% and some are interesting. Like PLTR, up 80% in less than a month. and I have a little SNOW stock. And SE and MELI and VEEV and TDOC....

I suspect Dreamer would be here if he weren't so busy because SPG made a nice contribution yesterday.

All the best,

KC
What the Hell just happened?

All time high one day. One of largest ever down the next day. Next day losses reversed and new ATH with room to spare.

Made only one move. On the down day, CRWD and OKTA were biggest losers, 7% or more. Seemed to me that the security issues were good for them. Added 8% at close. Those purchases helped to make the new ATH.

Now futures are down for today.

Think I'll just go to bed.

KC
I might as well jump in here. Always been a fan of Dreamer et al.

ATH right now, lying in bed early morning here in Costa Rica waiting to go out and get our picture taken on a tandem SUP with Santa Claus 🎅 🧑?🎄 hats for a Christmas card.

Charles Slob says:
102.94% YTD
I'll take it.

I will post my spread once I pickup the laptop charger that I found on Mercadolibre Costa Rica.
(Note to self: Always read the list of things to remember an hour before leaving. . . )
nice work...the 100%ers...very jealous!

but perhaps even more jealous that you seem able to use graphics and emojis on this low-tech tmf mssg board...wtf??????

Dreamer
O.k., just a quick stop by, grab the mic and go.

Added 0.26%, now up 101.8% YTD.

Note that the biggest contributor was my roll-your-own holding in BILL. Up 4.61% which more than erased SPG (-2.81%) and CRWD (-2.26%) losses. For me, BILL is a story stock. That is, last time I bothered to look, the numbers were good but my investment "thesis" is that they sell to SMB's and that post-COVID the SMB's will come back, more will be created and BILL's network effect will snare them. Combination of post-COVID and software growth company. Not many following BILL on the boards that I frequent, so Proud Papa Syndrome.

Condolences and hugs, Dreamer. I feel your pain, tho mine assuaged by my BILL pill.

Bye

KC
but perhaps even more jealous that you seem able to use graphics and emojis on this low-tech tmf mssg board...wtf??????

iphone keyboard had a little smiling face on the bottom left of the keyboard next to the space bar.
You just hit it and there are a couple hundred little icons. Also, the iPhone will pop up an icon if it recognizes the word.
If I say poo 💩 voila!

I just noticed these stock market icons:
📈📉📊

🗿🥸😎🤓🧐🥳🤩😭😱🦟🐙💥????🔥🌊🍔🍺🍺🍷🍹🍩🏋??🪂🛴
a few of the many
🔝??🔜🔙?🎶?©???🟡🟠🟩🔻🟧🔻🟩🔷🕧🕜🕥🕜🕣🕙🕦🕜🏳????🏳????🇦🇷🏳????🇦🇼🇧🇩🇧🇩🇧🇩🇧🇭🇧🇸🇧🇸🇦🇿🇦🇹🇦🇺🇬🇩🇬🇷🇼🇫🇹🇨🇹🇻🇻🇪🇺🇿🇻🇦🇹🇹🇿🇲🪗🎪🩰🎷🎺🪗🎟🎟🎲🪗🎻🎳🦯🚠🚠🚝🚞🛴🚞🚁??🎠🗿🏕🗽🏝🌋🗿🏜🗿🗿🗿
haha
A little bit of a roller coaster ride this week, but our entire port is now at an ATH of just over 140% for the year. This includes our main IRA, smaller "regular" trading account and 401Ks (which haven't contributed much this year).

Shout out to TTD and ROKU this past week.
Uhm, I just got heckled off the platform for wasting their time with a 0.03% gain. But I'm here to mention that the day was saved by a 10% pop from AFTPY which climbed to #7 position. No news. Other boards have been sharing some concern about competition from Klarna and Affirm.

Be kind to me, ok? An ATH is an ATH. I takes 'em where I finds 'em.

KC
ATH on this green tech day. Put options on LMND, quick round trip in and out of ASAN, new FVRR short put, bought back a bit of ZM at a slightly higher price than I sold earlier. Added to NET and TDOC. What a ride last week!

I hit my ATH at close today. The year in investing has been rather unpleasant for me but I have learned much about instruments that I did not delve in before the pandemic. My returns are rather muted at 31% for the year - and included alot of angst and portfolio shuffling. I had a very tech heavy port until March but liquidated most of them. There is a gap in my knowledge/understanding as I still see a rift between the Markets and the Economy. Until I have a better grasp on what and why things are happening as they are I will continue to play very defensively.

best of luck to everyone....

--cliff
I am sure some snarky brits will scoff at your 31% gains.
Ironically it is better than their infallible idol did last year.

I think you did pretty good, in a year where not a whole lot makes sense; china trade war resolution, twitter-by-potus, mismanaged pandemic, and head-scratching valuations.

"2020" by all rights should have been a cool year. Nice even number, it rhymes, sounds futuristic.

Nope...it just sucked for most. Maybe not from a port perspective for most around here, but from a quality of life perspective I imagine for many.

2021 and vaccine rollouts can't get here fast enough.

Dreamer
I'd be happy with a 31% return any year I could get it. When I first started paring down my port to a more concentrated portfolio (from the safety of mutual funds into a handful individual stocks) my goal was to beat the market and I forecasted out how many years it would take to retire if I could manage even just a 15% return. I've blown that away the past few years, but I still forecast a return lower than your 31% annually.

Whatever you've learned this year will likely serve you well in the years to come. Congrats on your ATH.
Cliff,

You and I had much the same misgivings and thoughts. My wife has told me to take care of her IRA. She has done well over the years. I felt a deep responsibility to not screw it up and my goal back in May was to make it through November with her portfolio intact. End of March she was down 12% for the year with 11% cash. and I just stayed put. By end of April she was up 6% with 9% cash. By end of May she was up 11% and I was scratching my head and in full Angst mode and I just wanted to get through or into November. In that, I succeeded. I went 86% cash! October 31 she was up 17% and down to 57% cash. She is now 22% cash. I've added little bits every couple of days since the election. Rule Breaker stocks that were mostly not software. Plus Dreamer's SPG and my OKE. She is also at ATH, up 37% YTD. Sometimes I think about how much she would have now if I had just stayed put in May. But that is just a calculation. I don't beat myself up over it. I had a goal, I met it. I know how she would have felt if she were down 20%, 30%, 50% in November. Minimized the maximum regret.

30% beats Hell out of what a money manager would have gotten us. I'd call it a good job and look forward to 2021.

KC
As long as I am here, ....

Another day of obscene gains, up 1.7%. ATH. Up 107% YTD (my IRA).

The last few days I have sold a bit of DOCU and ZM and put 1% of port value into four stocks: a tiny bit to FOUR, a noticeable amount into SPG and OKE on their weakness, and started a new position in NET.

I still have 31% cash with a target of 13% before I take mandatory distribution in early 2021. SPG declared another $1.30 dividend. I'll keep adding on weakness. OKE, too. Add to other post-COVID names, even post-COVID software. I think that NET and CRWD have tailwinds from Solar Winds. Maybe even ZS and DDOG, not sure about those last two. Can we keep the genie in the bottle 'til inauguration day?

KC
ATH-Up 1.5% today, mostly chasing momentum, but that's where I am right now. A unique purchase over the past couple of days, a SPAC...First Eagle that became Skilz overnight as the merger completed. Skilz is a gaming related company that seems to me to have lasting power due to gaming habits developed during the pandemic. Up 30+% today and I'll take it.

YTD ~44%, and happy about that, too. Great encouragement from the crew for "lower performing ports" like mine. Still a great year. I don't have a strong multi-year CAGR, but with places like this to hang out, I have high hope for the future!

No. of Recommendations: 17
Sorry, had to do it again.

THANK YOU MONGO. IM SO SORRY I LEFT YOU OFF THE LIST BEFORE. a ten bagger in under 3 years.

110% YTD.

The unbragging:
If you know someone that works in a hospital, reach out. We don't necessarily want or need a thank you, but check in with us to make sure we're ok. Some of us are really struggling psychologically right now. Have a drink with us and just listen. We all have stories, even the housekeepers, security, and nursing/providers.

-fuma
EM/ICU PA a** deep in COVID, with multiple travel tours to hotspots.
No. of Recommendations: 15
Fuma,
We appreciate you.
2020 has been a flaming crap-filled paper bag on all our doorsteps, and that tends to make many be self-reflective and understandably consumed with their own personal situations and environments.

But you are right...imagine dealing with this crap every day, right in your face.
My father had especially poor timing to go thru chemo earlier in the year. Normally that by itself freaks you out for quite a while, but the "pre-existing condition" nature of something like that means the guard can never be let down. So while the post-chemo diagnosis has continued to stay positive, I continue to worry that his old-school/boomer nature, combined with general older guy surliness, would lead to some serious covid restriction fatigue and he would just wind up going maskless at the hardware store or when picking up some liquor at Binnys, and that would be it.

Mom/grandma is practically distraught at the lack of family gatherings and sit-down meals during thanksgiving and upcoming xmas. I told her we can't get half-pregnant on this one...either you stay safe or you give in to the stupid. Vaccines are sooooooo close for many who are most at-risk. Just need them to make it a little bit longer.

Because I know what scares me most...and it isn't aging parents passing away, but rather loved ones dying an uncomfortable death, outside of their home, kept apart from their loved ones, surrounded by well-meaning care-givers, yet ultimately utterly alone in their final moments. I can't think of a more unjust ending to a life well-lived.

So while I have personally remained unscathed from covid, in terms of friends and family, I can visualize the pain, the suffering, the heartache, the anger, the frustration...on the part of all those that covid touched/touches the most.

This is coming from an atheist: you are doing god's work.

thanks,
Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 17
I wasn't aware of this thread until now, but it's perfect for exactly how I felt yesterday. The 'up day' on Wall Street resulted in a one-day gain in my portfolio that exceeded the amount of money either of my parents ever earned in a year in their whole lives. It's probably not the first time it's happened (IIRC, some day back in April had huge jumps in many of my holdings), but it's the first time I noticed, and it was pretty amazing. I'm still just in my 40s, but my dad died when I was 21 and my mom died when I was 34. Growing up pretty poor wasn't a lot of fun. Seeing that number really made me wish I could tell them in person that their boy's going to be just fine.

-n8
114.66% YTD yesterday.
I was up 3.55% today so does that mean tomorrow I will be up 118%? I will update tomorrow. After I try to stand up on my surfboard here in Costa Rica. Whew, it must be 90 degrees tonight . . .
Oh, CRWD and MGNI are my biggest gainers today.
Doesn't really matter. Point is, it is an exclusive club. Those at the pinnacle of their ports, and whose sole aim in life is to hopefully post to the thread over and over in the coming weeks and months.

Hi, Dreamer.

In the spirit of the season, maybe you can rework the club's charter? :)

ATH's are not my sole aim, though sometimes it feels like it. I can always convince myself that i am amassing this wealth so I can do good deeds with it, tomorrow.

So, yes, another ATH even on a market down day. Even with my SPG anchor and OKE blinking red. Up 0.4% to up 108% YTD. For the session, MGNI up 17%, CRWD up 10%, FOUR up 4.3%, ROKU up 3.4%. Enough to overcome AFTPY down 7%, PLTR -4.6%, and SPG -4%. What did I do? Bought AFTPY, SPG (twice), OKE, and PLTR.

Have no idea what news justifies any of these moves. Well, CRWD because of Solar Winds, but seems the market was a little slow on the uptake there, I added Monday or Tuesday when the stock was down.

Cheers and hugs

KC
Ok, Schwab says I am 122.23% YTD today
my much smaller Roth is 156.57% YTD today

Why do I like and look at ATH's? Who cares? It takes 8 minutes of my day and I am emotionally mature enough to digest it in as many ways as possible, still staying within the parameters of Dreamer D's forum rules.

It is very beneficial to compare notes without the ego getting involved. If someone else has a better ATH, maybe I can learn from them. Especially if they contribute what they think the reason is.
Hell, among friends a healthy competition including boasting and ridiculing creates a great environment for learning and improving ourselves. I love being slapped into consciousness. Over and over I have changed direction in a heartbeat when those running along side me have better results. Hey, even "Sauls" are people too! 😜

Gotta go.
FB contact just brought down my 12-string guitar from the states. Can't have too many guitars. Someone might come over to visit.
No. of Recommendations: 14
Because I know what scares me most...and it isn't aging parents passing away, but rather loved ones dying an uncomfortable death, outside of their home, kept apart from their loved ones, surrounded by well-meaning care-givers, yet ultimately utterly alone in their final moments. I can't think of a more unjust ending to a life well-lived.

This really hits the nail on the head. I lost a 70 year old uncle this week. He lived the past few years in a nursing home due to mobility issues, and up until the beginning of this year he was at least able to maintain some semblance of normalcy with visitors coming and going. Even through the pandemic, as a smoker who refused to quit, he was one of the few residents allowed outside. This month he tested positive and, though asymptomatic, was moved to a Covid ward, without any of his belongings and unable to leave his new room. Depressed, angry, suffering from nicotine withdrawal, phantom pains from his double leg amputation, and.... alone, except for those charged with his care. We know his underlying conditions contributed to his sudden passing, but we also know that Covid made his final months miserable, and may have even delayed life-saving care. It's terribly sad and he certainly deserved a much better send off.

We thank you, Fuma. This can't be easy, day in and day out, for all of these months. I hope you stay both physically and mentally well.
And while I'm here, our port hit another ATH for the year, up 153.5% and about to break through another 100K mark. One silver lining for this sh*tstorm of a year, I suppose.
Didn't make any trades this week. At least half of this week's increase came from holdings in MGNI (with a $10 basis, this has done well for me but is a small position), CRWD, SAIL (also a small position), NET and ROKU. I've started prepping my 2021 spreadsheet tracker and am trying to figure out what to realistically aim for as I don't foresee coming anywhere close to this year's returns again.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Hi Dreamers!

I just had to say, I loved the way this thread turned a corner from mere $$$ to the really important stuff. I commented on this at Mongooseville (post #6817) and meant what I said.

There aren't all that many places I visit regularly at the Fool nowadays. But I visit here daily (mostly lurking, obviously). I don't think Angels fear to tread here. I fact, I'm certain they don't.

Warm wishes to all! Stay human!
Yep. 'Nother. The futures pointed down. I expected to be down 2% to 4%. Not sure what happened. Anyway Deworsification continued to work.

MGNI +12%
FLGT +12%
PLTR +9.8%
SNOW +4.7%
ROKU +3.9%
CRWD +3.4%

No need to go on there.

On the other hand,

SPG -2.1%
AFTPY -1.6%
OKE -1.2%

I added to those three.

Up 108.5% YTD

Hugs and Cheers,

KC
All time high!

YTD return 105%

Mostly due to TTD and SQ

....and that's with me withdrawing money to live on. I'm pretty much in disbelief. If this holds then retiring early will be the best decision I ever made in my life.

Peace,
Dana
Up 2.7% for the session, up 112% YTD (adjusted for taking RMD in February).

Thanks to CRWD and SHOP (+6.8% and 6.7%), VEEV +5.8%, DDOG FOUR and MGNI up 4%+, BILL and TTD up 3.8.

All but 4 stocks up. Even SPG eeked out a gain. And, I see I bought the danged SPG call instead of selling as I intended so made $49.34 on that. Do not trade options when woken up for duty calls.

Back to bed.

KC
115% YTD as of market open.

There's not a limit to the number of times in a 365 day period in which you can post, is there? ;)

Associated random thought:
There is not a more Americana Christmas eve dinner than pizza with a Charlie Brown Christmas music on in the background. But the real wood fired/brick oven stuff, with the bubble at the cheese/crust interface.

Happy Holiday's y'all.
dropping by to join the party. still below 100% for the year, but very happy with gains!
133% yesterday, 1/2 percent lower today pre-market. Heading out for mt Xmas eve hour or two surfing 🏄???
Thought I'd stop by and do my happy dance. In the all boats rising environment I'm up ~5 1/2% YTD with eclectic mix of ~40% cash, SAAS hypergrowth mix and a few REITS and preferred thrown in as cash substituted. Short puts o FVRR and LMND have bee quite lucrative over the past while...and the skiing is great here :)

I am here just as a proxy for my wife. She had the car washed for Monday night but came up short. So I drove down for her tonight to announce her new AT, blew right past the old one with a +2.73% session to raise her to +6.1 YTD. Compound THAT!!! :) And this with a 35 stock portfolio with CRWD, OKE, SPG and DDOG as top 4, SWAV (medical device) fifth, and ETSY, AYX, TDOC also in the top 10.

wife happy, I'm happy. All this against the political backdrop, strain-of-the-day COVID, lockdowns....

As for my wretched performance, I am up 3.8 percent YTD but 1.18% below ATH. Hope to see ya'll here real soon, heah?

KC
10.42% YTD yesterday
down -1% as we speak
Up 11% YTD, which is a bit lofty in 2nd week of year.

Will see if it holds or just forms a new floor for me.

I probably wont post too much here until 2nd half of the year or if I hit nice-sounding milemarkers like 25%, etc...

This is the earliest in past 4 years i have had a new ATH. Reason was that i peaked in summer/fall most years and fell off quite a bit by eoy.

So this is a nice and unique change.

SPG had great day and still have $135 target for sometime in 2021, which is about 50% from here when you add in dividends.

So not making changes anytime soon...need a material and painful dip in 2020's momentum winners before I get interested in jumping back in to tech/cloud.

Dreamer
Dreamer,

This is the earliest in past 4 years i have had a new ATH. Reason was that i peaked in summer/fall most years and fell off quite a bit by eoy.

So this is a nice and unique change.

Well, a 6.84% gain in one session does qualify as at least "great", at least by my standards. Congrats are in order, and while they are being distributed I'll take a large portion for myself.

The wife and I can go to ATH club together tonight. We can fight over the mic to see who goes first. Either ladies first or save the best to last.... DW continued to crush it, up 8.53 pct. YTD. (My keyboard is broken, no "five" key so I have to switch to on-screen keyboard to make "five" and "percent", therefore "pct" for the duration. New keyboard on order.) So I am humbled with +4.94 YTD pct gain but an ATH is an ATH.

What I like about these ATH's is that they are not being made on the likes of CRWD, NET, DDOG and OKTA. I have all these, but smaller helpings than before. For me, today, I had AFTPY +8.79 pct, SPG +6.84 pct, TWLO +4.36, MELI +3.02, SNOW +2.43, Roku +2.41, OKE + 2.4 and my newly acquired T up 2.38 pct.

OKTA was 13th on the gainer list and CRWD, NET and DDOG were in the red. Just sayin'.

I added to OKE and SPG during the week but I lost conviction at 11 pct. of portfolio for each and that is why I added Dreamer's "good as cash" T. I wanted to maintain my pace towards fully invested by month end T shares a dividend characteristic even if there is no post-COVID hook.

DW's crush job was assisted by (all numbers in pe_cent) AYX, 7.1, SWAV +7.0, SPG, TMDX +6.2, ZM +.1, MRNA +4.6 AND 6 others up more than 2.0.

So there you are, folks. Two yellow caution lights are the fact that I am closing in on fully invested and my CAPS score is over 96 which has previously signaled a correction or rotation.

I minus five,

KC
Yes, both DW and I.

DW's portfolio rode the 'honorable mention' stocks as 3 of top 4 holdings were down for the session (yes, you SPG). 13 of the 22 stocks in her portfolio up more than 3% and 15/7 gainers/losers. Special mention of TMDX (organ transplant med device and service) + 17.8%, ETSY +8.26%,FSLY 8.05% and ROKU +6.35%. ETSY is in the port because it gets much love in Fooldom though it doesn't resonate with me. FSLY can bring a smile to the contrarian's face. I bailed out near the low, DW held. It hasn't recovered to its high but at $95 it is back to price that many/most sellers on the first day of the bad news were able to get (dang, an awkward sentence). Of course, opportunity cost for 3 months. So she beat all the market averages, up 1.84% for the session and 9.02% YTD.

As for my lackluster performance, gained only 1.81% and 5.2% YTD. 9 of 28 greater than +3% for the day, 19/9 on the A/D metric. Top gainer was Fulgent Genetics (FLGT) + 8.5%, ROKU, NET +4.61% and PLTR +3.82%. Seems genetics and medical devices have some mo. PLTR had some large corporate sales announced. Love 'em or hate 'em, + 67% in 60 days.

(The old man steps down from the platform, moonwalks back to his seat, 360's and sits down to raucous applause).

I minus 1

KC
ok...wasn't going to post here again until more notable milestones, as - in theory - we should be making ATH's thru much of the year.

But I had another "first" occur, so stopping by to grab the tin-plated mic for sub-25% YTD gainers.

For reference, here are the 2021 mics you have to use when discussing your ATH:

Mold-covered: for the liars who are negative for the year and post on the thread anyway. #SAD
Tin-covered: under 25% YTD
Polka-dotted: 25-49%
Candy-Cane striped: 50-74%
Psychedelic: 75-99% (comes with fried food sampler platter)
Diamond-encrusted: 100%+ (comes with sushi bar and all-you-can-eat M&Ms)

Anyways...so the "first" I came across today was that my stock(s) didn't actually finish at a new high, but my dividend-disbursement actually helped put me over the top. Can't recall that ever happening before. Very boomer-ish of me.

Dreamer, up 13.5% YTD, at ATH.
I will follow after spraying the tin mic with sanitizer, COVID precautions and all. And in the spirit of minimizing exposure, I will speak for both DW and myself.

Ahem. Squinting out into the crowd as I am following my local protocol of mask AND face shield and the shield scratches easily and I view a new face shield as a fractional share of SPG....

DW is now (according to the Schwab "Personal Value" screen, +10.00% YTD and at another ATH. Not much of note, up 0.65% for the day. Only two Stars this session, KC +17.9% and TDOC +7.3%. KC is the Chinese company, the only one I own. I did a deep dive to the extent that the symbol matches my sign-off but:
Kingsoft Cloud Holdings Ltd is a holding company principally providing cloud service. The Company has built a cloud platform consisting of cloud infrastructure, cloud products and industry-specific solutions across public cloud, enterprise cloud and artificial intelligence & Internet of things (AioT) cloud services. The Company mainly conducts its businesses within the China market.<i/>

Headquartered in Beijing and I suspect tightly in tune with the government. Hold that thought for my own ATH report.

As for me, unlike DW and Dreamer, I didn't get the SPG dividend posted so I am underreporting by 0.1% my YTD gain which is 4.9% (according to my Xcel spreadsheet). Up 1.0% for the day. Gainers for the session are PLTR +25.46%, TDOC 7.13%, QDEL + 6.92%, FLGT +4.54 %, OM + 4.24%. Coincidence that KC and PLTR are both up bigly the same day? Hah! War of domestic surveillance and threat detection. Whatever. And then the other four are all medical related.

O.k., taking off the tinfoil hat and slinking my way back to my seat. I will be happy to finish the year at the upper reaches of the tin mic. Polka-dot, that's ecstatic, happy dance territory.

KC
Dreamer-

Congrats on a fast start to the year! I'm up 7% (45% cash) and wife (income port) up 3%, so we're dancing with the tin mic (careful not to drop and bend it up :)

I got the SPG dividend but my shares are covered by an IYM short call, so I may say goodbye in Feb unless thins change.

Approaches the stage and grabs hold of the tin-covered mic

Reached an ATH right around Christmas, then saw some ups and downs, but this week we've blown past that previous ATH. Currently up 12.7% for the year, mostly thanks to ROKU (which has grown to be largest holding), MGNI and NET.

I've set up projections for this year with the hopes that we'll come in somewhere around 40% to stay on track for an early retirement (by age 50). I also track to 15% per year, as a "we won't have to work forever" goal, so the fact that we're already nearing that just 3 weeks into the year gives me some hope that we will, indeed, not have to work forever.
I'm still new here, started late Aug, and ended up 14.14% on the year. Have had several ATHs lately, yesterday topped +23.99% for the month, making the portfolio up 38.13% from when I started, wow! Mostly up from CRWD, FVRR, MGNI, APPN, and TRXC. Kicked myself for rooky mistake early on having bought a lot of APPN around $60 then selling on a profit. Bought back in and holding tightly now though. Still learning from early mistakes, and good advice found thanks to MF and seasoned investors. Haven't been around long enough to even go through a bear market, so have much to learn and experience still, I know.
pj
Nice start to February. Up 2.76% for "the month" and now up 7.4% for the year. ATH. I don't know about these percentages. My spreadsheet says 2.0%, the broker says 2.76%. My issue is my spreadsheet and my RMD's. I took 5.3% RMD near the end of January. That had been sitting in cash all of 2020. So my method is to either subtract that from beginning amount or add it back into current amount.

BTW, my previously mentioned broker problem was that I instructed them to withhold 27.272% for fed tax and this rendered them paralyzed because their calculation could use only two decimal points. Broke their system so badly that they couldn't even inform me of the problem for 4 days.

Anyway, today was a risk-on day. Hardly worth mentioning anything that was up less than 5%. Posts can be only so long.... But the star was Fulgent, up 24.82%. My recently increased positions in foreign e-commerce, SE and MELI were up 7.76 and 6.59%. My defensive sale of BILL continued to be short term ugly as my remaining 3 tracking shares were up 7.27%.

I see GME was down $100 a share,

KC
Up 6.2% YTD this afternoon. Tin mic ATH edging out Mid Jan before the fall. Still lots of cash, waiting for earnings or other catalyst. No GME here. ASAN, FVRR, and a few others leading the way today.

Me, too. By myself again as DW came up 0.2% short of her ATH. I tacked on a rather pedestrian 1.6%, hampered by my 25% cash. FOUR and BILL were each up 5-ish% so I am digging myself a hole by having sold them for my defensive positioning. At least SPG treaded water today. One can only assume that FLGT is experiencing shorted syndrome, giving back 18% and PLTR down 9%, too. Fortunately I have not executed my defensive move on OKE so I captured most of that 3% up move.

I came pretty close to a spiffy pop in my LTBH brokerage account. I have SHOP there, and in my IRA, and it led the way up 7.9% SNOW +6.6%, AFTPY +5.9% and SKLZ +5.6%.

It is nice to have replenished the IRA RMD plus a couple of percent for inflation. That is the goal of a retiree, to keep the income increasing.

SaaS keeps on rocking. Dance while the music plays.

KC
No. of Recommendations: 9
Another ATH. Up just under 10% YTD.

I'm accumulating as much DMTK as possible, think this still has 10x potential within 3 years.

Otherwise, FOR WHEN YOU GET VACCINATED:
There's a small amount of data suggesting vaccines work better when you're happy. So, after the second dose, I had two days off, and had a beer afterwards. Zero side effects from second dose save for a nontender swollen lymph node for a few days.

Also, elephant seals are freaking awesome. If you haven't been able to experience them, get yourself to central coast CA.

Cheers.
This ATH is a long, long time coming. Made some really bad choices last year, selling out of some gems near the bottom and never getting back, or way too late, or just for quick swings like ENPH from 39-45 in a day, should have held a bit longer than that.

I picked up some new and old tickers finally and have had quite a run. Up about 30% year to date in my big trading account tracked for this ATH.

Big winners this year are very speculative smallcaps picked up based on writeups on Tailwinds Research (tread carefully on stocks that need ot raise funds) or scuttlebutt on StockTwits, and 1 Fool pick.

These are the big contributors or stocks I like. Most are speculative small caps/health care/pharma. If I had just these I would probably be up more than 50% YTD so I have others dragging returns down. (no particular order):

BIVI - end stage liver treatment (CEO from OTRK)
ATOM - revolutionary I hope semiconductor patent play
TFFP - revolutionary I hope inhaled drug delivery platform
ANIX - Cancer vaccines

Corona stocks
QDEL - Rapid testing
OPK - PCR testing, pharma
APT - Value/n95 play
LAKE - PPE play

Penny stocks
NLST - pursuing patent case/settlement vs Google.
I guess we are all stock picking geniuses in this market. Shooting fish in a barrel and all that. Although the NASDQ was down a hair. I had a 20/10 advance decline and DW had 19/15 so mixed.... Anyhoo, up 0.74% for the session and +9.4% for the year. DW +0.56% and now +10.5.

Someone punched the up button on the FLGT and PLTR elevator--part of the short sagas I guess. Most of the $'s came from OKE and DDOG. DDOG continues the short/medium term outperformance compared to CRWD and it moved to #2, behind OKE. SKLZ was up 8% but doesn't move my port's needle. Being out of SPG hasn't hurt me. It is 93.38 and I sold mostly at $95.12 and less at $97 and a drop in the bucket at $98.

COVID new cases peaked on Jan 12 at 255,000 (7-day moving average) and now 116,000. Dropping as expected. Active cases and daily deaths have leveled off. I don't have too much FOMO with 24% cash. Hope I won't need the dry powder.

KC
Up 3.4% today, 35% YTD but only 15% 1 year due to wrong calls last year.

No trades.

Big gainers today:

ANIX up 9.78% Tailwinds Research says he had a call with CEO and premium subscribers yesterday that was well received.
APT up 16.47% I don't know why but this I think is deep value play still. Has forward PE well under 10
BIVI up 16.3% Low volume, possibly being pumped.

Super low penny / micro cap stock HWKE -- $5 million market cap. I owned and it dropped 50% on Monday but I doubled down and it bounced 23% today. Monday it put bad news through June 30 10-K out. By Feb 14 they have promised the Sep 30 10-Q so hopefully that is better news. Defense contractor startup pivoting to PPE.

One that got away -- I had SAVA for day trade a few months back, bought in from hype on StockTwits at $6 and sold a few bucks higher. This week it announced excellent Alzheimers data and is at $87, touched $100. No position. I have INMB which is another promising Alzheimer's drug. Chose the wrong horse it seems.
DDOG, ASAN, FVRR, SE, SKLZ took me to today's ATH. Not too much 'cause there were several (TSLA, ZS, etc) that kept perspective...

Wo! We play in different sandboxes but compounding at 35% a few times a year.... I guess you don't have any dividend stocks? :) LOL

KC
Quick note. ATH, of course, but didn't beat the market and the Russell 2000 embarrassed us.

But, DW now up 12.4% and I am limping behind at +10.5%.

I found it interesting that DW's top 10 %-gainers for the session are stocks that I don't own. Have to go down to her #11 and #12 before any of my holdings show up (CRWD and DDOG are my 2nd and 3rd largest positions). I got crushed again. What are those illustrious stock winners? Dermtech, BJ's Restaurants, Peloton, Trulieve Cannabis, Etsy, Kingsoft Cloud, Transmedics Group, Moderna, Docusign and Texas Roadhouse.

ATH club needs a dartboard for stock pickers.

Hope y'all's enjoyin' the froth. Grasshopper doin' fine.

KC
New ATH -- Up 2% today, 16% YoY, 36% YTD

Couple stocks that have run had some pullbacks, BIVI, AIM, and INMB

Returns were saved by my biggest positive contributor ATOM up 19.7% today. Earnings are next week 2/10 for them. Hopefully continuation and more details on current and future partnerships. They are a potential semiconductor licensing powerhouse. Still under the radar but not for long. Maybe we'll see formal analyst initiations after this earnings. Until then, DD here pulls highlights from prior company investor presentation and calls: https://atomerastockreport.wordpress.com/

DMTK up 11% today

In general my COVID PPE and testing stocks have really helped me this year. QDEL, OPK, APT, LAKE, BIOC. I think they will all report blowout earnings for Q4. I will keep them on a hair trigger after earnings but not sure our vaccination pace is going to get us ahead of the virus, so may keep them around for a while.
crushing it with a lot of unique names...nice work!
Largest weekly dollar gain, second largest weekly % gain ever, sitting at just over 21% YTD for a new ATH.

Biggest contributors this week were MGNI and ZM with little bumps from ROKU and SNAP. My 22 year old has started trading a lot more these past few months so it's been fun to have someone in my household to talk stocks with. Last night he went and go his phone just to show me his charts. A part of me wishes he'd have gone into Finance instead of BioChem, but he's enjoying this as a hobby and has learned a lot. He's nearly doubled his entire port since October, which I think has helped hold his interest (I have to keep telling him that it's not normal to maintain those types of gains). We only have a few stocks in common, so I think there's a slight healthy competition starting to happen between us.

Hoping to move from the tin mic to the.... what is it? Polka dot mic? soon.
22.24% YTD
MGNI biggest gainer this week

TSLA
ENPH
MGNI
ROKU
plus Saul's top 4

Gonna buy a Beth Kindeg subscription.
I continue to make up for lost time. Up 6% today, 21% 1 year, 41% YTD.

Microcap/smallcap rotation seems to continue. Need to pinch myself but many of these stocks stagnated or dragged me down last year while the ZMs and SHOPs and TTDs ran so I hope this rally has legs.

Notable stocks today:

Tailwinds Research and/or Stockreversals stocks:
ATOM: Up 12.5% today. Earnings call Monday. I think we are still early innings. No major free analyst coverage yet.
TFFP Up 10.4% HC Wainwright initiated coverage today price target $31
ANIX Up 17.2% Rumored about to file Ovarian cancer IND
LIACF up 14.9% Lithium mining play mentioned by @stockreversals on stocktwits. bought on whim for a swing.

Other:
LAKE up 13.3% - PPE play
ABUS up 16.6% biotech
NLST up 19.4% Patent play vs google and more. 12 years into the case. Re-exam certificate for 912 patent issued late friday.
ATH for me and DW. I'm grabbing the mic. DW is a politician, I can't let her get her hands on it. Besides she is leading me YTD and I can't stand the humiliation. (I'll humiliate myself, please).

So, DW now +15.8% for the year. Stocks of note: Transmedics, organ transplant system, +14.6%: TCNNF, Florida pot stock, +6.8%; NET, +6.5%; Moderna, +5.5%; Kingsoft Cloud, Chinese cloud platform, +5.5%. Thanks to Dreamer for the KC mention, up 95.9%. I note that CRWD, DOCU, OKTA and ZM were down, so Dreamer's thesis is playing out to a degree. Advance/decline 20/14.

The Humiliated One was up either 0.8% or 1.72% depending upon methodology. I make it 0.8% which includes my to-this-point ill-considered cash holding defensive tactic. Up 14.8% YTD which I would be content to have come Christmas. 16/14 A/D on the session. Fulgent Genetics topped at 14.5%; NET +6.5%, PLTR +5.9%.

Note 2, Russell 2000 up another 2.53%.

Note 3, DW's Shockwave (SWAV), which received no love over on Saul's, was up another 3.3% and now up 185%.

The old man stiff arms DW and tosses the mic to the next awaiting ATH'er.

KC
Rode SQ, SHOP, NET, GBTC,and MGNI as major contributors to yesterday's ATH. My do-nothingness may be costing me with PTON as it continues to erode. Haven't exited yet due to inertia and numerous bull case posts, but definitely on watch list! ^10.6% YTD...a good year historically. Now, how to hold on to it!?!

I have been considering the sell-red, buy-green strategy, but have yet to pull any triggers.

While not quite able to grab for the Polka-dotted mic (for 25-49% YTD winners) I am here to grab the ol' Tin mic due to fact that my main investment, SPG, had earnings yesterday.

First, let me start longingly at Evangeline Lilly, patiently standing by the Polka-dotted mic...awaiting my eventual turn.
(stares)
(sighs inwardly)
Dammit!!!

Ok. On to SPG!
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4404489-simon-property-grou...

I am at new ATH, finishing day at a 22% YTD clip.
Which sucks against you crazy kids and your fancy MGNI's and TSLA's and marijuana stocks. But I will still happily take it.

Did they collect money from deadbeats and/or are tenants paying rent these days?
"Collection from our U.S. retail portfolio continue to improve. As of last week, we've collected 90% of our net build rents for the second, third, and fourth quarters combined. We made significant progress in the fourth quarter and addressing previously unresolved amounts with certain large tenants."

Ok, but are they getting any new tenants?
"Good news is leasing momentum is continuing. We signed over 1,400 leases representing 6 million square feet and have a number of significant - number of leases in our pipeline. And that's a testament to our quality of our real estate. And I do think we're starting to see our retailers get back to what they do best, and that is operate stores."

Ok, but surely they paused all spending and redevelopment, right?
"We opened two new outlets, frankly, in Spain and Bangkok, which we're proud of. We have an outlet under construction in England, which will open this spring. Redevelopments, as I mentioned to you, we completed a number of properties. We also added, which is essentially the Woodbury of Asia, Gotemba Outlet expansion, another 178,000 square feet, and another property in Japan, adding another 110,000 square feet. So look for those to add to our cash flow in future years.

We continue to densify our centers with the opening of a multi-family residential complex and hotel. We also have three hotels under construction. We completed the redevelopment and - of another Northshore mall and we started construction on expansion in Naples. So we're back to focused on continuing to add improvements across our portfolio worldwide. We also have a pipeline as you know, redevelopment, new development that is under consideration."

And didn't they buy a bunch of bankrupt companies...what was that reasoning?
"During the year, we capitalized on buying four recognized retail brands in bankruptcy, so we bought them at attractive valuations. They include Forever 21, Lucky Brands, Brooks Brothers and Penney, each of these brands we believe presents a very interesting repositioning opportunity and each investment has completed at attractive valuations and we’ve made significant progress improving the positioning and operating results of the company."

Fine...but you making any money on this stuff?
"And let me just give Forever 21 as an example. And as you know, we bought it in February pre-COVID, well before we knew COVID would have the impact it did on 2020. And despite all of that, despite all of that, Forever 21, both in the company, generated a positive EBITDA, pre-royalties, of approximately $75 million in 2020, and we basically paid $67 million for that. So our share of that is $30 million, and you can divide it by $67 million to give you our return on investment in COVID 2020.

Now, you could probably conclude that that's a pretty good return on investment. Now, if you put all of our retail brand investments in context, we have approximately $330 million remaining invested capital net of cash distributions and the value of appreciation of our ABG investment, which has just had a recent trade.

And so, in marking that to market, our net investment in all of these activities is $330 million, and all of these brands will generate for us in 2021, our share, $260 million of EBITDA, so you can take $260 million divided by $330 million, will give you sets of our return on investment.

So the other point to make in these retail investments is all of these brands generate $3.5 billion in digital sales, $3.5 billion in digital sales. And all we have to do is look at how e-commerce brands are being valued today and I think you could all conclude, we hope you do, that we've been making some wise investments here."

Oh. You really do know what you are doing. Got it.

They won't actually give guidance though, will they?
"Now, finally, let's move on to 2021 because I do frankly want to turn the page on 2020 as I'm sure we all - as you all do, we feel confident we've turned the corner. We expect growth in cash flow and earnings in 2021. Our guidance is $9.50 to $9.75 per share. This range includes approximately $0.15 to $0.20 per share from our retailer investments."

Oh. Expecting growth this year. Got it.

Well...you bought an awful lot during a pandemic...can you keep your "A" credit rating?
"With respect to the agencies, we are certainly in deep dialogue with them on regular basis and are comfortable with what they've done thus far, and I think they're looking at our deals and our ability to raise capital, to David's point, in excess of $13 billion last year, as a testament to the company's balance sheet. So I think they're comfortable. Won’t speak for them, but I believe they're comfortable where they're at right now."

You are big in the suburbs...is that a good thing?
"But I would tell you this, I do feel very strongly about this that the high quality suburbs are going to be where the action is in the future.

And all of the urbanization two, three, four years ago, the question was why are the suburbs going to exist. Everybody is going to live in urban environment, yadda yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm telling you the suburbs are going to be hot, and our quality real estate is going to be where the action is for those well located suburban centers of commerce. And that's going to be the big change coming out of the pandemic. Next question."

Oh yeah...I guess covid impact to WFH backs up the fact that we don't all need to live in a big city, eh? Mallowner as forward-looking...who would have thunk it.

You re-thinking the anchor strategy much?
"But I think will be accelerated. So, some of the anchors are doing - new deals. I mean, we're talking to Kohl’s. We're talking to [Buy More]. We’re talking to all sorts of those kind of guys, to Dick’s. We still are making new - we've got a couple of Dick’s under way. So and I would hope that some of the more thoughtful entertainment-oriented retailers once the COVID restrictions get back, would also continue to be in our property."

Umm.
(snickers at "we've got a couple of Dicks under way" like a teenager)
Good stuff.

You need to raise money...planning on buying more things in 2021?
"We have no need for raising additional equity. The balance sheet is in very good shape. Rating agencies are very comfortable with the transaction that we did both to finance, Taubman and the equity deal. Obviously, they put us on watch just because of COVID. It had nothing to do with Taubman or the financial metrics. And I think as we get - as we go beyond the shutdown - remember, we lost 20%. We lost 20% of our ability to operate in the year which is material.

And then obviously a lot - not counting the, restrictions that we had to endure coming out of it. I think once we show that we're - we've turned the corner in terms of that, you'll see that negative watch go away. No issue not worried about it one [iota]. And on the property acquisition side, A) if I can buy it at a good value and it's a great asset and a guy wants to sell and if that’s meaningful to our portfolio, we'll take a serious look. But we’re in no - there's no need to do one thing or another, if it's accretive to our portfolio and our financial wherewithal, we’re happy to look at it."

Say...didn't you get the crap kicked out of you in 2008, and then you went on an 8-year stock tear with increased dividends along the way? You think you can do that again post-covid?
"And I'm hopeful that will replicate what we did in 2008, 2009. And not only that we do in 2008 and 2009, but we added immensely to the quality of the real estate. We separated ourselves from our peer group dramatically. The balance sheet got better. All of these same - we diversified, we did this, that, and the other, we grew international - I truly believe all of these things will happen again.

That’s what we’re made for, and this is a long way of saying that the dividend tracked basically what we did in earnings. We actually paid scrip dividend in 2009, if you believe it or not. We cut it and scripted it and did all this crazy stuff.

And that was - all of that in 2008-2009. I feel like if history repeats itself, given the quality of the real estate, the team, the balance sheet, the diversity, we are going to replicate the same good work we did coming out of that, and we'll do it coming out of COVID. We're already beginning to do it, and that's the important thing.

So I think that's a long way of saying, assuming we can completely get out of COVID, you're going to see increases in earnings which beget increases in dividends. And we have the history that ultimately should repeat itself."

You know, you seem kind of confident. Like you are sort of a big deal. Is that fair?
"I would simply say there's - the cap rate is what we want it to be because I think we're the only buyer out there. So, and I'll look in the mirror and I'll decide what the right cap rates are. "

Ok, then.

So when you say your investments that you own do $3.5b in digital sales...well...holy crap, if you were a standalone ecommerce company with $3.5b in sales, you would have a monster mkt cap. Are you being valued properly in the market?

"But we have - I think the important thing here is we have embedded in our company an e-commerce company, okay? Now, again I know it's - we've got a complicated structure. We don't own 100% of everything, but we are in at a pretty reasonable scale. We have an e-commerce company that does $3.5 million of digital sales. That’s the most important point. Now it’s up to us and the management team to how to put it all together so the market recognizes the value."

Very cool. The partnership with ABG via SPARC is really paying off it seems.

Dreamer
2021. Are you for real? Is Mr. Market just giving a head fake? When is the next minus 10%? Is there any money left on the sidelines? Why do plants respond to red and blue wavelengths? Why does water expand as its temperature falls below 4 degree C? How high is up? Why is Transmedics up another 24% on no news? Why doesn't Dreamer tell us what he really thinks about that sell side ad stock? SPG earnings were nice....

Well, I am allowed to ask these questions because, as you might expect in as much as I am standing in the spotlight holding this scruffy mic, I logged another ATH. Do you know anyone who did not make one today? Oh yes, those 5 guys who post on Value Hounds board. Oh! I have them tagged as one of my favorite boards. That was from before, before I took the pledge. Used to be an active place. Then withered to two-a-month posts. The other day it had like 15 posts. What was THAT all about. Someone had posted that Saul never even thinks about EV/S. Irrelevant. So the debate was on. Saul has reached the last corner of the galaxy.

O.k., o.k. Just the facts, ma'am. Who the Hell is Sgt. Joe Friday? Fact is I was up, ah, looks like 1.25% so now up 16.2% YTD and still dragging that 25% cash around (but it is becoming a lower and lower percentage). Fulgent, again. And SHOP, PLTR and (speaking of streaming TV) ROKU.

DW still whupping me arse, her being up 16.75% (note the ceremonial use of the subjunctive). The aforementioned TMDX and ROKU, joined by (tee hee) Fastly and Zoom.

That's about all I have. Think about the fact that H2O molecule has a 105 degree bend H-O-H. Ponder that alongside of the rise of Mag-whatever. Why do my daughters roll their eyes when I correct their failure to use the subjunctive? "Dad, English is a living language." Toxic mold is living, too, I reply....

KC
ROKU, SHOP, SE, and a DOCU LEAPS call led the way to today's ATH up 11.62% YTD, carrying 42% cash...I might be a bit too cash hedged !?!?!?

ps MGNI also helped worthless business model aside :)
I'm at an new ATH, but I have a question for you folks.
How do you calculate your percentage to date?

Here is an example of my question (not my real numbers, obviously, but the general idea is there)

January 1, Portfolio starting value 100,000 cash 75,000

during the course of the year, 50k of the cash is spent on new stocks
no stocks are sold (but I'd like to know how to figure it if they were)
February 10, Portfolio ending value 200,000 cash 25,000

What is my percentage gain and how do you figure it?

Thanks,

Leana
Leana-

There are several methods to calculate gains. Excel has a function XIRR that will calculate it for you after you enter dates and amounts of transactions. I'm fortunate that IBR portfolio analyst calculates a time-weighted return for me :)

While not quite able to grab for the Polka-dotted mic (for 25-49% YTD winners) I am here to grab the ol' Tin mic due to fact that my main investment, SPG, had earnings yesterday.

First, let me start longingly at Evangeline Lilly, patiently standing by the Polka-dotted mic...awaiting my eventual turn.
(stares)
(sighs inwardly)

---

SPG popped again...up to 26% YTD, and new ATH.
So.
Ahem.

Saunters up to the...wait...realizes "saunters" makes me sound like a prick.
Walks up to Evangeline holding the coveted Polka-Dotted mic.

I am stunned...what a beauty.
My heart is doing a funny thing...what is this.
Man - that sure is a good-looking mic!

And Evangeline is pretty easy on the eyes too. And, no, it doesn't matter it if it is:
Lost Evangeline
Hobbit Evangeline
Ant-Man Evangeline

Life is good.
And investing shouldn't be this easy, so waiting for the shoe to drop. Thankfully my money is STILL invested in an undervalued stock, imo. So staying the course for now.

Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 10
🤷???

Hi, I'm Z, the DW of KC. He is home, nursing his broken portfolio. How the Hell he managed to have down day with all the averages being up, I'll never know. Well, Dreamer was down too, I assume, with SPG off 0.1%. But Dreamer isn't hiding in the closet or sitting in his room with the drapes pulled closed. Nope, the D is out preaching the gospel of Fire and Brimstone and the Folly of not heeding the Profit, er..Prophet, Value. But, DH is one who will not See and even TRIMMED his SPG. Folly. So while the Fearless Aviator is home, seeing ghosts of corrections and bubbles past, I'm here to carry the family's torch. Ever buoyed by my 36 stock, deworsified portfolio stitched together from ideas of Bert, MF, Clan of Saul, ARK and Dear Leader Dreamer, I am here to proclaim another ATH, even though a tin plated one. Now up 19% YTD. I think that is a CAGR of 4, which I confidently state will not happen. But it is a good start on reaching the Promised Land of the polkadotted mic.

I'll confess to my having DDOG and NET, but I don't inhale and they make up only 9%. As a result I can claim the household lead and another ATH: +19%. And I eked out a value..., well you know, going over a single digit followed by all zeros. Just which digit and how many zeros, is don't ask don't tell. a lady never tells anyway. I'll just add a thanks to DMTK, +14.2%; ASAN +7.1%; CHGG, +6.7% and PTON, +5.6%. All you other mutts that ae up less than 4%, quit your whining. Ya gotta perform.

🙋???

Z

(for) KC
Really tinny sound here...ATH and up a whopping 12.6% ytd (dragging my 43% cash position along for the ride. I'm not too envious...yet :)

Interesting group leading the way this week: SHOP, SQ, MGNI, FVRR!!, ETSY. GBTC gets a mention as does SKLZ. Some new names recently: TCCNF (gettin' hi), AXON via TMF and others. Sold a bunch of PTON, but still have some (LEAPS).

Off to shovel the driveway...maybe hit the slopes...14"

<walks past the tin mic and up to the polka dot mic>

Overall port is up 26% on the year. This includes the 401k accounts that are notorious underperformers compared to the the regular trading account (Roku heavy, up 49%) and the Rollover IRA (slightly less Roku heavy, up 27%).

Picked up a few (very small) starter positions in cannabis stocks this week. We'll see how they play out in the next few months.

Mold-covered: for the liars who are negative for the year and post on the thread anyway. #SAD

----

Takes Polka dotted mic.
Turns to the crowd...head down.
The music hits!

Starts swaying... in perfect side-to-side weird(young) Axl Rose style.

And let's his heart pour out in perfect rock harmony:

"Whoa, oh, oh, oh
Sweet Si-i-i-i-mon
Whoa, oh, whoa, oh
Sweet love of mine
Whoa, oh, oh, oh
Sweet Si-i-i-i-mon
Ooh, yeah
Ooh, sweet love of mine
Where do we go?
Where do we go now?
Where do we go?
Ooh, oh, where do we go?
Where do we go now?
Oh, where do we go now?
Where do we go? (Sweet Simon)
Where do we go now?
Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay
Where do we go now?
Ah, ah
Where do we go?
Oh, where do we go now?
Oh, where do we go?
Oh, where do we go now?
Where do we go?
Oh, where do we go now?
Now, now, now, now, now, now, now
Sweet Simon
Sweet Si-i-i-i-mon"

The answer is: we probably go to $135.

Long SPG
Up 34% YTD

-Dreamer Rose

----

<internal monologue>
Ok...this is probably the last time I reach for the Polka-dotted mic.
Hopefully I will be fortunate enough to move on to the Candy Cane later this year!

But since there was so much hand-wringing over a nothing-burger of a dip in bloated overbought overvalued 2020 covid-enhanced momentum stocks, I should probably show up just to say "hi" and let you them all know I had a great day.

Especially the lurker/twerp that posted at some point last year that I used to have good ideas or something equally snarky. Eff that dude.
<end internal monologue>

(grabs mic)

So...ahem.
Oak Island is on tonight...whoo!
Season 2 of Snowpiercer is ok. The main good guy character has the worst voice for a "leader" ever in cinema, though...irks me.
Walking Dead starting again soon, it looks like. Maggie is back, so might be interesting again for a bit. Fear the Walking Dead was unfortunately unwatchable recently...I never watched the last 2 episodes.

I cancelled Netflix and HBOMax (for now).
Currently holding on to Disney for Wandavision and maybe rewatching some of the Marvel/SW movies.
I added CBS/Paramount+ to watch Star Trek Discovery season 3...ok so far. "Picard" was really good, so hopefully they have a 2nd season soon.
Clarice, on Paramount+ is pretty good so far. I like the actress they chose.
I watched "Greenland" last night. Fast-forwarded thru a lot. Very predictable in some spots, and kind of frustrating over all. Like a serious take on 2012, but 2012 was a lot more fun/exciting. Could have been a lot better...oh well.

Still waiting to watch Tenet soon.

Infinite 2 is coming out on Audiobook, by Jeremy Robinson. Some of his books are great, and others merely solid, but in general he is always an entertaining listen. So I am re-listening to "Infinite" in advance of listening to the sequel.

I built a collapsible standing desk out of whatever was in the garage, and bought a chromecast, so that that I can cast my desktop from my work laptop onto my big screen in basement, instead of sitting on my ass all day. WFH is getting really old. I prefer WFH, but would like 1-2 days a week, and some general work travel to spice things up a bit! The mouse cursor doesn't track very well (bit of a delay) but otherwise the cast works well.

That's all I got people.

Dreamer
all that, and I forgot my port %.

Up 37% YTD. New ATH.
So i restarted netflix and still no good shows right now.

Watched "the Dig" and it was ok.

Up 40% YTD. Feel like i was higher, but not on this thread. Nice round number.

50% and candy cane mic would be...uh...sweet.

Dreamer
Netflix really does kind of suck.
I get that the pandemic slowed new show creation down, but Netflix still decided to raise prices.

Screw them...definitely going to do my best to cancel the second any new shows of interest are done being watched. They have a couple sci-fi looking things in next week or two coming out, so will see how that goes.

Disney has a great lineup of announced shows, but with Wandavision over, not much I haven't see yet.

HBO Max has Snyder cut of Justice League this month, and King Kong vs Godzilla (go Kong!), so that should be good.

Pretty sure they will find treasure on Oak Island next week...so stay tuned on that.

I sold into strength at the closing bell with yet another ATH.
Without blindly copying the ports of other posters. By taking responsibility of my stock investment choices and validating via DD undertaken on my own. So it is much more rewarding to say I am now:

up 44% YTD

With a solid floor due to lack of momentum-based overbought 2020 covid-enabled software stocks.
I will happily buy some of those once they get cheap enough to justify a decent return without unnecessary multiple expansion.

But what do I know...just a guy on the internet.

Dreamer
up 44% YTD

Wow.
47% YTD

Getting close to that Candy-Cane striped mic for the 50-74% gainers.

I have a feeling the market gets punched in the gut at some point this week, so not sure I get there soon.

Thinking of taking my cash hoard and putting it into SPGS-U (SPAC) as a Better-Than-Cash alternative, as the floor is pretty secure around $10 (trading at $10.32) so I think my downside in a market collapse will be limited, and the upside is there if/when an acquisition target is announced.

Hmmm.
Went to the theater, in-person, with the family to see "Nobody" the other day. Pretty good flick and was nice to be back in a theater for first time in well over a year.

I saw Kong vs Godzilla via HBOMax over the weekend. Voltron won. (joke)
Was much more technology-focused than I expected. That series is all over the place, it seems. Solidly entertaining action flick at least.

The candy-cane striped mic is oh-so-close.
Unless SPG takes off, or the Simon SPAC announces an acquisition target, I am probably range-bound for a while. My non-SPG/cash part of my port is growing organically, thanks largely to Voyager (VYGVF). OLO had a 10% pop for no reason today. That is way too much too soon, as I still expect to be able to add lower. So might take profits if it is up again tomorrow and wait for lower re-entry.

I trimmed GNPK (Redwire) by 50%, because I realized my inner-space-geek had caused me to get too excited until I learn more about the business, but the valuation does seem very good...almost "too good".

47.6% YTD
New ATH.

Dreamer
The candy-cane striped mic is oh-so-close.
Unless SPG takes off, or the Simon SPAC announces an acquisition target, I am probably range-bound for a while.

---

For those to lazy to figure out where I post now, I should note that SPG did indeed continue to take off, hitting near my $135 2021 price target today (finished over $134).

Which brought my port up to a candy-cane-mic eligible 55.8% YTD.

Sweet. (yes, a pun)

Doom
Finally. I think 99 days from high to high. DW's IRA, not mine. Up 19.4% YTD.

Not exactly a breakout. Like one nostril above glassy smooth water. 0.3%. Don't make waves.

KC
Dust and weeds.

DW stopped by ATH club. Parking lot could use a week of John's Yard Service and/or a case of Roundup. Inside was like returning to the beach house first day of May, old sheets covering the tables.
Mics stashed in a box behind the bar.

Anyway, she flashed a slightly condescending smirk as she headed out the door, her ATH tucked under one arm. Up 21.0% on the backs of some call ups off the 40-man roster. Chipolte Mexican Grill? Talk about dust covers! Yep, M'am Buy 'n Hold has some of that on the shelf. Up 11.5%. BJ's Restaurants up 5.5%. Steak-as-a-Service and (?!!) Starbucks up 1.6% like a pinch of basil in the spaghetti sauce. Who's afraid Delta Plus? Let's go out to dinner.

More 20's fare: Sea Ltd. up 5.1% and some medical stocks, DMTK, Moderna, Shockwave up 5.3%, 4.5% and 3.5%.

Me? Stuck at +12% for YTD and 3% off ATH. I bought a bunch of UPST at the open. It is now a full position or at least the same size as ROKU, CRWD, SE, OKE.

KC
DW taking victory laps this morning. The last full week of July firmly in the bag, new ATH now up 23.4% even with that anchor, SPG holding it down. ROKU! +12.6% for the day. Followed by her new 3-bagger, MRNA up 7.8%, PINS (which I sold out of) + 5.8%, OKTA (which I sold out of) +3.3%, NET, SBUX again, and CRWD all up more than 2%. Chipotle almost.

No Friday night celebration at ATH club. Just another ATH. Besides, she is consoling me as a good DW ought. I am 0.45% shy of my ATH. All that ROKU I sold to raise cash cost me. She sold the dogs and cats, the long tail of her port while I sliced the biggest positions, plus that dog, underperforming PINS.

So, the economy-opening-up SPG was down, the economy-opening-up restaurants still going up. Go figure. Energy sector OKE down. ? Is there a psychiatrist in house?

KC
Public service announcement. DW is currently, intraday, at ATH and up 25.1%. DDOG up 11.7%, MELI up 13%, MRNA up 5%. ROKU down just 6.4%.

DW happy, KC happy.

KC is 0.32% below ATH. C'mon! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

KC.
Well, my time in ATH-land was less than 24 hours. Closed Friday below my previous ATH. DW still comfortably above her previous ATH.

I have a bad case of the itchies with that 24% cash calling to me. A couple of new positions? Buy-write covered calls? Or just leave it write calls on my portfolio while it sits near ATH? Or just chill out? Doom, you have some sort of truss or brace to impel sitting on hands?

Need to just go downstairs and exercise. Not outside. 91 F at 11 a.m. 60% humidity which is a small break. Where is that sea breeze? Where is that herd immunity? Where is my next great stock idea? XaaS autonomous robots? Streaming data? Will I ever achieve that Whiskey Jazz sound on my sax? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6VMvfEvzn0 I know I'm not going to ever wear a suit like that unless I'm in a coffin.

O.k., the old man his headed down for a double dose of step aerobics.

KC
I am here to proclaim, at long last, an ATH. But why the dour countenance? Why does my saxophone emanate this dirge? Why no moonwalking to the dais? Perhaps because CRWD and RODU and NET and TWLO decided to relieve themselves into the celebratory punchbowl? Yes, that is a fair deduction. CRWD and NET did a #2 for good measure. Rumblings of ransomware attacks involving Fortinet, but that stock down a mere half-percent. In any event, the mischievous residents of the market pantheon sucked away a third of my UPST gain by trashing those four stocks.

Nevertheless, dourness and recriminations aside, ATH of up a paltry 16.79 percent YTD. About six months in the making, carried by 16 purchases of UPST between June 18 and July 21 netting an average of 41% gain and making it 13% of the port.

In fairness, I've been hoisted by my own petard to a small extent. Meddled in selling covered calls against a new position in SQ on Monday. I am picking up 90,000 pennies by placing my portfolio in front of the market steamroller with the underlying shares being down $4,300 in three days. Why do I rinse/repeat this folly? Boredom. Costly entertainment. Same reason I have pinches of GAN, ON24, SOFI, and COIN. ONTF down 31% on the session, too, but that is now a less-than-a-pinch $500 position so I haven't bothered to investigate.

Well, I need to go find the misplaced joy of up 26% on UPST. Beautiful tropical morning, near mirror-like sea reflecting the islets, "jungle" a verdant green, a newborn calf in the meadow, my new Ubiquiti connections streaming Mbps instead of Kbps, and most of all, silence--no one with a rented karaoke celebrating as if there has never before been a birthday. A kilometer-and-a-half line-of-sight doesn't make a dent in the dBa.

Carpe diem, and all that. Put on the headset, use the remnants of my 80 year old hearing and listen to Willie and Jose sing To All the Girls.... And the I'll wipe a tear from my eye and tell meself,"everything is going to be all right".

Enough! More than enough! All Time xxxxx High, baby!

As you were.

KC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi0Lbjs5ECI

Carpe Diem, indeed.

nice job, KC!
Upstart!!!

What a monster (that I did not add to, but it is now 15% of portfolio). Up another 9.7%. So of course another ATH yesterday and another today if things hold. Yesterday up 18.7% YTD. Right now up 21% TYD.

I had some dregs of AYX (I know, blush) that I sold and put into PLTR. Closed my SQ calls for $.04 each and sold to open more for $1.84. I think that satisfies my "do something, even if it's wrong" urge.

My toe dips into SOFI and STEM are nothing to write home about. SOFI is presenting a "buying opportunity". I could double down but I think I'll follow the 3-day rule. See how things are at Tuesday close. Keep those new stock ideas coming, Dreamer.

KC
+20.8%

KC
UPST and CRWD, with a lot of help, moved the port up 3.02%. 19 advances, 6 declines. UPST and CRWD both up more than 8%. Now up 23.2% YTD and o.k. with having 26% cash.

I bought a tiny amount of SEMR (a mention on Saul's board).

DW near ATH at +25.9%.

I had 5 stocks at about the same amount: UPST, CRWD, SE, DDOG, and OKE. I am thinking of taking some of that cash and raising OKE to the level of the last three. OKE is my dividend stock and I am not reinvesting dividends.

SPG up 2.4% so Dreamer might be picking up the (polkadot?) mic later tonight.

KC

---

I have been holding a candy-cane mic for a while, range-bound in the 53-55% area since about May, I think.

SPG bounce back and help from UPST/GLBE got me back to 55% today, but not a new ATH.

I think the news will start touting "delta peak" and that should (in theory) bode well for SPG.
Unclear what the Fed at Jackson Hole means for market or SPG, but I think largely a non-event as supply chain challenges and the recent delta variant surge provide the Fed enough cover to do little.

Maybe they do baby-steps towards "tapering" but will market really care still that has been telegraphed for a while now?

So I would like to think a good chance I might finish August at a new ATH.
I am pretty sure the Saul gang are all cruising at ATH's at the moment.

Not sure if that means "let's all ride the wave" or "oh crap, when everyone's winning, the rugs gets pulled".

Dreamer
Not sure if that means "let's all ride the wave" or "oh crap, when everyone's winning, the rugs gets pulled".

My crappy crystal ball says 5% correction starting in next 3 weeks. Factors: 1) I made another ATH, now at +23.5% YTD and +38.5 XIRR. 2) DW just $181 below her ATH. Her advance/decline 19/3, everyone a genius. 3) My CAPS score is 96.3 which is flashing red. I haven't been much higher on that number, but my raw score is 15% higher than it was in May. Everyone is a genius. 4) Dreamer is accumulating, including GLBE.

I rest my case.

Not Armageddon, but a nice--always painful--5% puke. Not the correction Dreamer is looking for. Do UPST and CRWD get a hall pass? Stay tuned.

KC
Still tied at 56% ATH.
Maybe next week is the breakout, now that Fed path is clear.

I am going to wreak havoc upon my local gym now.

Before indoor mask mandate in IL starts Monday...so dumb.

Delta peaked. Cases peaked.
I am sick of compensating for unvaxxed conspiracy theorists and partisan hacks.

Like the wise Matthew McConoughy stated...Vax up amd Keep on Livin.

Dreamer
My crappy crystal ball says 5% correction starting in next 3 weeks.

That would be by 9/14.... In the meantime, I graduated to the polka-dotted mic Friday. 25.13%.
DW hit 27.6%. Rising tide and all that. BILL got away from me. Used to be a top 5. Now I have just 10 shares for tracking. Up 29.3% on Friday. Put that in the regret folder, on top of the one share of PSTG. BILL has a GLBE-element in that they facilitate b to b cross border transactions as an additional feature to SMB invoice and payment software.

We will take the trading profits on TXRH and BJRI (Texas Roadhouse and BJ Restaurants). These two stocks that pretty much go no where but are wont to make 5% up and 5% down moves regularly. I lost internet Friday about 10:30 a.m. Eastern. Hellacious lightning strike took out my Ubiquiti xmitter/receiver and three security camera power supplies. Just got everything working again. So, will see what Monday offers wrt TXRH and BJRI.

KC
DW now +27.64%, I am now +25.41%.

Took the trading profit on TXRH at the open, otherwise DW would have been down for the day. Also bought a few shares of SEMR and MRNA. SEMR because it seemed to have legs and was up, MRNA because it was her biggest loser at that time. Made enough, or saved enough losses, to eke out .02% gain.

I added to CRWD three times, increased that holding by 21% ahead of earnings. $283.81, $286.15, $285.99.... Almost 15% weighting now, and might go to 20%.

KC
Congrats!

But is it just me or has everyone become a trader?

And does that portend the end of the world or "that's just 2021, man"?

Dreamer
I added to CRWD three times, increased that holding by 21% ahead of earnings. $283.81, $286.15, $285.99.... Almost 15% weighting now, and might go to 20%.

Up to 17% of the port in CRWD. Up early, another heavy T-storm woke me before the 3:45 alarm (set to get me up for earnings). I will raise it to 20% before the close.

I have Bear's "expectations" list printed out for quick reaction. Then the call at 5:00.

Just like Christmas morn, or Hallowe'en....

KC
Hi.

(grab candy-cane mic)

Ahem.

Walking Dead is back on. Seems good again. Final season.
Animal Kingdom series seems on a good track so far this season, making a comeback. I like Ellen Barkin but glad they killed Smurf off.

That's all I got.

SPG went up a bit. I am in all-cash otherwise, outside of .5% ONDS position.
So I managed to bump into 56.4% YTD, or a new ATH!

Dreamer
Good news, bad news.

First the good. On regular session, made new ATH at 25.97% on strength of UPST.

Of course the bad news is that CRWD coughed it up after hours, down to 25.05%--depending on how it actually closes and other AH moves.... My new buys in hopes of a killer earnings ended up costing me an additional 0.25%. I sold about half of my new buys at the close of after hours, so locked in half of the loses. Just a bad trade.

KC
Another session that starts with ATH and then can't hold on to it. Portfolio fatigue.

However, DW was up so new ATH 28.1% (28.06% to be more exact).

I wonder for how many days I could not look at the ports. Maybe check back around September 15 to see if a correction has begun....

KC
I hit a new ATH but i am trying to wait until i hit new levels like 60% then 65% etc.

At 57% now.

Started rewatching matrix movies in anticipation of matrix 4 coming out.

Thinking of seeing the martial arts Marvel movie this weekend w the kids.

Dreamer
I hit a new ATH but i am trying to wait until i hit new levels like 60% then 65% etc.

I mentioned portfolio fatigue. Partly, I meant my fatigue with it, and partly that the port seemed to have rubbery legs. I was contemplating a trial of looking at the port only every other day and maybe working up to once a week. Fat chance of that, I guess.

But at least I could be more selective on reporting ATH's....

However, DW hit a round number on Thursday's session. Now up over 30%. Stock picking, even if diversified. The biggest index gain was DOW at 0.37%. DW had 14 of 24 stocks beat the DOW, and four of them were up more than 3.7%. Risk on, everyone's a genius. Not really risk-on though as SPG and our divvy stock OKE were up also.

Asana, again, up over 15%; her new position in Semrush Holdings up 6%; UPST up 5.7% and Shockwave nearing a 4-bagger up 3.9%.

I would have to switch mics to report (as long as I am here) my own new ATH of +26.5% YTD.

UPST is not ready to hit reset so I will have to be content that it is #2 in my port. I could always sell a little CRWD to restore order.

Let's see if I can hold off until I either hit 30% or revisit 20%.

KC
Today hit an ATH, which is only notable as it occurred with SPG below their previous high close.
So if SPG was at their high for the year, I would have another 1% of gains or so.

Which means little GLBE gets all the credit...nice job, kiddo!

57.5% YTD and new ATH at close.

I am listening to "The Prefect" by Alastair Reynolds.
Just like I consider U2 to be my favorite band, although I really haven't been listening to them since the 80s/90s, I often think of Reynolds as my favorite author.

Difference is that I actually read his books, mostly from 2000 to 2010. Only in last year or so did I start to listen to the audiobook version, since enough time had passed.

His best work, imo, is tied to the Revelation Space universe. The audiobooks have all been good:
Revelation Space
Redemption Ark
Absolution Gap
now reading The Prefect
probably will read Chasm City next, as he is coming out with a new book in the series after a long layoff, called Inhibitor Phase, which I am really excited about.

The Prefect is sort of a detective noir set to backdrop of kickass futuristic space opera.
There was a sequel, which is also somewhat new, and I haven't read yet. While not a specific prequel or sequel to the Revelation Space novel, it takes place in same universe.

My other board title is "Nostagia for Infinity" which is the name of the Lighthugger spaceship used by the Ultras in Revelation Space.

The Ultras always have cool names for their ships. In the Prefect, one of the names is "Accompaniment of Shadows".

Alastair Reynolds used to work for the European version of NASA, so he has some legit science chops.
I did not like his Blue Remembered Earth or Revenger series, so I am hopeful that his good stuff is returning to form with Inhibitor Phase. Hey...even the best have lulls in their careers. Who the heck remembers the U2 "Pop" album? (shudders)

Dreamer
I know, I know. You have all been waiting, with some impatience, for ATH updates. The wait is over.

DW hit a new ATH on Thursday at 34.6%. I (tosses the tin plated mic behind the bar) hit 30.88% YTD ATH on Friday. On a down market day.... I am gaining on DW and I can see the worry in her eyes that I will regain the bragging rights in this house (and be insufferable?) Moi?

Blame it on UPST which is now 16% position even after that ill-advised 25% trim I performed in late August. DW has less then 4.5% in UPST and even her rocket ship ASAN cannot keep up.

But, the S&P isn't looking very strong. Maybe 99 or 100 market days 'til year end.

KC