Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I vote for Apolo Anton Ohno.

He kept talking about the Olympic Spirit and how it was his focus in life for the past four years.

No bravado, strictly humble which is what most people prefer I guess. He was happy making it to the podium and said that it wasn't just about going for the gold.

Three medals at these games. Five in his Olympic career.

Work hard, talk the talk and walk the walk.

The fairy tale ending to the games would be he and Sasha meeting at the closing ceremony and becoming "an item."

AND, he always wore a bandana.

bigpix
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
He kept talking about the Olympic Spirit and how it was his focus in life for the past four years.

Ohno is clearly a class act. However, here is the reason Joey Cheek is carrying the American flag during the closing ceremonies. The Canadian woman who won the gold medal in the 5000m tonight was so impressed with Cheek's donating his USOC prize money, she decided to donate $10,000 herself. The catch is the Canadian Olympic Committee does not award cash prizes for medal winners; she donated her own money.

Fuskie
Who thinks when an Olympian not only reflects well on his or her home nation but positively influences athletes from other nations, the true ideal of the Olympics shines as brightly as the torch itself...
No. of Recommendations: 0
Who thinks when an Olympian not only reflects well on his or her home nation but positively influences athletes from other nations, the true ideal of the Olympics shines as brightly as the torch itself...

Bears repeating, so I did. Well put.

bigix
Work hard, talk the talk and walk the walk.

He was just interviewed on the late night Olympic wrap-up and I liked this line: "You're a medalist for life"!

What an attitude. Gotta love the energy and spirit.

Christina
The fairy tale ending to the games would be he and Sasha meeting at the closing ceremony and becoming "an item."

To my unending dismay, he has a girlfriend...she is a speed skater also.