Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The attitude at Facebook, as in most of Silicon Valley, is that they are inevitably moving us towards a better world, and this will be good for everybody, especially Facebook. I would feel much better about them if I thought they understood it better and were approaching it with a little more humility. Maybe I should read less dystopian science fiction.

Tongue firmly in cheek but the good news is that Netflix, Google and Amazon undoubtedly will take advantage of the opportunity to hit Facebook by "suggesting" (pushing) additional dystopian science fiction video and reading material to millions of John Q. Publics.

Hopped up on sci-fi dystopian ideology, these Amazon-Google-Netflix users will use their political voice and vote to hamstring "digital share-of-time" competitor Facebook.

The weakened Zuckerberg will respond by ramping up capital expenditures on secret AI technology and use an army of employee news vetting personnel to both defend the Facebook empire and probe weaknesses in the Netflix-Google-Amazon axis of digital weasels.

This is what stands as balance of power in the digital economy.

All of this will be unfortunately glossed over by social media users who are mesmerized by improved, immersive cat video technology and their money grubbing partners, the Investor Class, who care little except for PROFITS and OPERATING MARGINS and other Capitalist Stooge ejaculate.

ET
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.