Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The basketball lifer on the other end would ask: "Can you get Fran Dunphy? If you can get Fran Dunphy, then go get him. If you can't, call back and we'll talk some more."
Krzyzewski went the extra step. According to Bradshaw, the Duke coach put it simply:
"If Dunphy comes to Temple, he'll win a national championship there."'

I didn't know much about Dunphy before, didn't know he was so respected.

Tell me, how is he going to do recruiting? I mean, I know he had to "recruit" at Penn: but that's a different kind of job than recruiting with scholarships, against other schools who are giving scholarships. I have an idea that the competition for players is cleaner in the Ivies.
(maybe that's naive)

Hmm, I guess we already have an answer about his appetite for that challenge, since he elected to take the job.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.