Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
The best thing about the homeschool versus not, and daycare versus SAHM debates is: it depends.

It just depends. Each case is unique, and unfortunately some folks feel it's an attack on *their* method for someone else to do it a different way.

Which simply amazes me, because even in between the 4 kids my sister and I have, they are all so different that a situation that would be perfect for one would be disasterous for another. Since there are a total of 4 to worry about, there is a sort of compromise reached that works pretty darned good for all.

Example: both my kids are social beings. Even if I were a SAHM, I would spend a majority of my day in group settings. And, once they reached school age, they would be attending public school.

Nephew is NOT very social. Sure, he plays well with others, but it wears him out. He's a classic introvert. He went to daycare/preschool part time, so that he would get socialized and Little Sis could get some sleep (she works nights). He is now in public school kindergarten. Niece, his baby sister, seems to take more after my kids, and will probably go to at least part time care when she starts walking, and maybe even full time at some point after that. Again, public school is the end result.

Absolutely none of the above choices is an indictment against those that homeschool, stay at home, or use private schools. It's simply what works best for us all, including the kids.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.