Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
The bolded part is demonstrably not true.

Can you get MPG from any collection of parts? I don't think so. No matter how much you mix and heat flour, yeast, eggs, and water, you are not going to get an SUV or a product where miles-per-gallon is relevant. Similarly, while automobile parts can be combined to give you MPG it will never lead to the emergence of bread.

benjd25 is more than capable of retorting, but I have to say "wow" again. Somehow you've missed the point twice, and in the process used an argument that I heard very recently from a young Earth creationist!

Wow. Never thought I would see that from someone who so skillfully eviscerates creationists.

Note that you actually agreed with benjd25 in your second sentence, and in so doing conceded the point (inadvertently, I presume). No, you cannot get MPG from a random collection of parts. It is not a property of those individual parts. Put them together in particular ways, and voila! - MPG.

QED.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.