Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
The broker will take the money for shares and commissions on your purchases from your Roth IRA but you can make contributions to cover the cost of the trades.

You still cannot exceed the $2000/year limit. And this would count toward that limit. You are allowed to pay an account fee outside the IRA. For example, T.Rowe charges $10/year that your IRA is worth less than $5,000. You can contribute $2000, and then send a check for $10 at the end of the year to pay the fee.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.