Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 17
My chart reading led me to believe that this rotation has come to an end. Being fully invested I cannot "buy the dip" instead I sold my least optimistic position, Pinterest (PINS), and I used the cash as well as cash reserved for income to add to my more optimistic positions in near equal dollar amounts:

DMTK DermTech <-- not ARK
ENPH Enphase Energy <-- not ARK
EVGN Evogene
FATE Fate Therapeutics
ROKU Roku
SPWR SunPower Corp. <-- not ARK
TWST Twist Bioscience
XONE The ExOne Company

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for posting your trades, Denny. At one point you posted about NNDM, so I was (mildly) surprised it wasn't on the list. Any thoughts (I may have gotten your interest wrong)?

thanks and Happy Monday,
JP
I picked NNDM as one of the top 4 when Captain's ARK first showed up. So it was in there, maybe it fell from grace of being among top 4 when sorting 6 month gains descending.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Nano Dimension {NNDM) is still in the portfolio I just didn't add to it in part because it's already a large position. I view 3DP as two sectors, commodity like DDD and specialized like NNDM. I like the specialized 3DP sector but not the commodity sector.

Denny Schlesinger

PS: Working hard on The Captain's ARK's code. The first two iterations of the stock returns code were kind of sloppy. The latest version uses the exact starting date. I would be very grateful if people would check out those rates at https://captainccs.com/ark.php

Dates and time are really PITA because they are so irregular 60, 60, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31. I'm very proud of my new php function to calculate dates x days, months, or years into the past or future:

public static function changeDate($date, $y=0, $m=0, $d=0) {
$t = explode('-', $date);
$timeStamp = mktime(0, 0, 0, $t[1]+$m, $t[2]+$d, $t[0]+$y);
return date('Y-m-d', $timeStamp);
} // changeDate()
When I go to sort a column, it looks to me like the little arrow points the wrong way.
Sorting by highest gains descending, the arrow points up. I would think you would want it to point down.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you for the portfolio update Captain.
I have been holding my basket with no changes.
I review the portfolio with every intention of clearing up some name adding to.others but just cant seem the be able to.pull the plug on any of the names.

My portfolio is what i thought to be exactly in between The Captain's ARK and Saul's portfolio. Or thats what i thought. But based on my version.of your portfolio you must have been up 1.19&. Mine was up .65% and Saul's down.1.54%. So i was real confused when.you.mentioned you were up.only $190 for the day. I must have those percentages wrong.

Anyway trying to sort the columns, first time pressing i get the list lowest to highest and then sorting again i get highest to.lowest. so it looks good to me.

Regards,

Bella
When I go to sort a column, it looks to me like the little arrow points the wrong way.
Sorting by highest gains descending, the arrow points up. I would think you would want it to point down.

It's ancient (2007) free javascript code that I'm not going to touch. Safari reports a bug so I did take a look at the code and decided to just leave good enough alone. ;)

SortTable
version 2
7th April 2007
Stuart Langridge, http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

Denny Schlesinger
So i was real confused when you mentioned you were up only $190 for the day. I must have those percentages wrong.

Enphase Energy {ENPH}, down -$13.27 -8.16% is what brought my port down. Even if we have the same stocks, unless we have the same relative number of shares our results will differ.

The sort arrow does point the opposite way to the Mac Finder arrow but Sortable is between 400 to 500 lines of code... It's available to download if someone wants to fix it. 😇

Denny Schlesinger
between 400 to 500 lines of code... It's available to download if someone wants to fix it. 😇

Yes please. Send me the download link. I have a 10 hour day of flying back to US.

And . . . please be aware that I am very grateful for Captains ARK and anything the Captain says.

NNDM dropped to 6th place but my other 3 top 6monthers are still top 3 in El Arko del Capitano.

MoneySlob
No. of Recommendations: 2
SortTable
version 2
7th April 2007
Stuart Langridge,
http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

It should keep you busy and out of trouble! ;)

Denny Schlesinger
*Even if we have the same stocks, unless we have the same relative number of shares our results will differ*

I do understand but i somehow assumed 5% was the weight assigned to each stock.
My bad 😳

Roku and ENPH are behaving today so portfolio should have a beautiful shade of green 😊

Bella
I have dipped a toe into the water. I selected nine stocks that have very good 6 month returns and also are positive returns for the other time periods: LC, MGA, SCHW, DE, TRMB, CAT, NXPI, TDY, and LMT.

6 of 9 are negative for the one day period. :) :(

ROKU has been my #1 position for some time now. So it was a nice day--although I saw no news to justify a 9+% pop.

KC
No. of Recommendations: 7
SortTable
version 2
7th April 2007
Stuart Langridge,
http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

It should keep you busy and out of trouble! ;)

Ah, took me about 30 minutes. It's taking me longer to type this.

Look for the number 5 and the number 6 and reverse them.
They reference the wingding up and down arrows: 5 up, 6 down
Also reverse the characters after the colon that comes after these numbers. Specifically x25B4 (for 5), x25BE (for 6).
5 and 6 are used if is IE explorer, the other two are used if not (or the reverse).

But essentially just reverse the 5/x25B4 with 6/x25BE (leave all the gobblygook around them)

Why do I know this?
Look at this, specifically look at number 5 and 6:

https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/wingdings-webdings-f...

MoneeeeeeySloooob
No. of Recommendations: 3

What did you do with the other nine and a half hours up in the sky? ;)

Thanks! It works great and your contribution is noted. It's quite a coincidence that April 7th is also the release date of version 2.

/*
SortTable
version 2
7th April 2007
Stuart Langridge, http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

Instructions:
Download this file
Add <script src="sorttable.js"></script> to your HTML
Add class="sortable" to any table you'd like to make sortable
Click on the headers to sort

Thanks to many, many people for contributions and suggestions.
Licenced as X11: http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/licence.html
This basically means: do what you want with it.
--------------------------------
April 7, 2021
Fool MoneySlob

Reversed the wingding up and down arrows.
https://boards.fool.com/Message.aspx?Mid=34799445
*/

Denny Schlesinger

Awesome work MoneySlobe!!! Way to go!!!!

Seems like your coding skills are still very sharp, maybe time for some fun, side projects?

Bella
What did you do with the other nine and a half hours up in the sky? ;)
Oh, I am flying tomorrow. I just got itchy fingers.
Loaded it into VS 2019, and looked for html that referenced 2 images. Not finding that, I ran into a wingding font html tag that displayed a 6. Then right inside the sort in reverse code there was the same thing but a 5, si I searched about the wingding font and Bob's your uncle.

That is some heavy duty JavaScript, but well formatted and documented.

Anything for the Captain!

MoneySlob
That is some heavy duty JavaScript, but well formatted and documented.

Anything for the Captain!

I've got another puzzle for you. Sorttable throws a compile time warning, I wonder if you can silence it.

209 if (node.getAttribute("sorttable_customkey") != null) {
210 return node.getAttribute("sorttable_customkey");
211 }

Line 209 warns:

TypeError: node.getAttribute is not a function. (In 'node.getAttribute("sorttable_customkey")', 'node.getAttribute' is undefined)

It's undefined at complile time but OK at runtime.

and if anyone can check the up and down arrows on IE, that would be appreciated.

Denny Schlesinger

Hmmm, just off the cuff could the attribute "sortable_customkey" be set later in code? So compile doesn't see it, but keeps going and it gets set?

Probably doing a search in the code for the attribute might turn up something.
Cleaning lady is coming I am focused elsewhere at this time.
Cheers,
MS
I just thought of this:
The easiest thing to do might be to initialize that missing attribute way up at the start of the code.
Line 209 warns:

TypeError: node.getAttribute is not a function. (In 'node.getAttribute("sorttable_customkey")', 'node.getAttribute' is undefined)

Well, I'm home back in the USSA.
I just peaked at your sorttable code and realized you might not be setting the Attribute "sortable_customkey". In that case, why not just delete that "If" statement?
Then it won't check, doesn't use, no errors. . ..

MoneySlob
What is the USSA? :)
No. of Recommendations: 2
What is the USSA? :)

United SoBeIt States of America? 😇

Denny Schlesinger
I just peaked at your sorttable code and realized you might not be setting the Attribute "sortable_customkey". In that case, why not just delete that "If" statement?
Then it won't check, doesn't use, no errors. . ..

Instead I set "sortable_customkey"

node.setAttribute("sorttable_customkey", null); // to avoid compile error

if (node.getAttribute("sorttable_customkey") != null) {
return node.getAttribute("sorttable_customkey");
}

Works fine.

Thanks!

Denny Schlesinger
Yo!