Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 71
The Case for Impeachment
Why we can no longer afford George W. Bush
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006. An excerpt from an essay in the March 2006 Harper's Magazine. By Lewis H. Lapham.
Sources

A country is not only what it does—it is also what it puts up with, what it tolerates. —Kurt Tucholsky

http://harpers.org/TheCaseForImpeachment.html
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
bush is a sick-puppy that is responsible for death and distruction of thousands of people.

dw
what a statement! from the link:

if the would-be lords of the flies weren't in the business of killing people, they would be seen as a troupe of off-Broadway comedians in a third-rate theater of the absurd. Entitled “The Constitution in Crisis; The Downing Street Minutes and Deception, Manipulation, Torture, Retribution, and Coverups in the Iraq War,”
http://harpers.org/TheCaseForImpeachment.html

if you have not gone to this link, do so. Conyers has spent 6 months documenting an impeachment trial. All he needs now is a few brave Republicans to go along with the hope of being reelected. As I see it, at this point, the only way many of them are going to keep their job is to impeach the pair in the White House.

mpf
No. of Recommendations: 3
bush is a sick-puppy that is responsible for death and distruction of thousands of people.

dw

I don't think it's fair or honest to continue to single out Bush. Whether through their ignorance or envy, the electorate who put him in office is as much to blame.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't think it's fair or honest to continue to single out Bush. Whether through their ignorance or envy, the electorate who put him in office is as much to blame.

excuse me wolsey1, have you not been following the news in 2000 and 2004 regarding voting fraud? In 2000, the popular vote was not with Bush. The Supriems gave him the office. In 2004, both in Ohio and again in Florida questions remain and are being invesigated regarding vote manipulation. You might not be being fair to the real electorate with your statement. Bush and Bush's handlers are very much suspect. I think it is incumbant upon them to proove the doubters wrong. They have not done so.

Conyers is a patriot. May his hearings be started. And soon.

mpf
I still see too many people offering an immoral or illogical defense of the indefensible, which tells me the Diebold effect was only part of the problem.
We see the left wingers retreating further and further from reality, further and further out toward the fringes of political discourse. Soon they will be completely out of sight, no more relevant than the Wobblies or the CPUSA.
In 2004, both in Ohio and again in Florida questions remain and are being invesigated regarding vote manipulation. You might not be being fair to the real electorate with your statement. Bush and Bush's handlers are very much suspect.

I hate to sound like a broken record, But I was Shocked when Kerry conceded the election to Bush after only eight hours.

The press was full of stories of accusations of vote manipulation and tampering, poll problems, voting machine error .....

And he gets on the phone and "Quits"

Hands it to Bush.

I can only see two things .... no three

(1) really bad advice from the Democratic party

(2) he snapped

(3) Both the Republicans and the Democrats were screwing with the Votes, and somewhere the Dem's had a skeleton so frick'n bid, they know it would be found and just told Kerry to bail.

Because Quitting after only 8 hours in a contested election did not make sense .....

Unless your crap stank a whole lot worse than the other guys.

Bears
The Dem's have been wondering for a while why they have problems in elections, why they seem to get tagged so easily with that "extreme left" tag, and why there is such ... well ... confusion and non unity in their party.

This kind of lays it out.

There is a focus on the USA that is lost .... National Pride.

It may not be talked about as much as it use to be, but when some Hillbilly Rocker starts wailing with his band about how great this country is, there are a whole bunch of Americans that will sing the chorus with heart and emotion.

These are Republicans and Democrats.

Now, you can bash the Government,... our Government, and you can say that the President went out and took on Saddam and Iraq, and you can chose to do it as ugly and insulting as you want.

But the bottom line, no mater how you try and frost over it, is most Americans are frightened as hell of what is happening in the Muslim world. They are frightened of Terrorist. They are aware of the threat, they honestly know it, believe it recognize it and are glad we are doing something about it.

Are they happy about car bombs in Iraq? Hell no.

But, they also are aware that there are no 9/11 attacks in the US to date

There are no Cole like bombings

Terrorists are mainly sneaking around the Alleys of Iraq .... the thing we always believed Terrorists did, they are living in caves and hand carrying out Video tapes of Osama.

Terrorists are not bold enough to hijack several Passenger Jets at once from major US airports and slam them in US landmarks.

And thank God we have a President who will use what we have to locate those who exist on US soil.

To bad we have a press that will not educate the public on the difference between Wire Tapping and Data Mining, so instead they bash the US President with BS and then leave the story untold as it fades as the truth of the program starts to leak out (even Condi Rice got picked up by the Computers)

To bad the sheep listen to the press

To bad someone wasted 6 months of life on that article .... that is one obsessive dude .... 6 months on something he knows could never materialize.

Bears
We see the left wingers retreating further and further from reality, further and further out toward the fringes of political discourse. Soon they will be completely out of sight, no more relevant than the Wobblies or the CPUSA.

We see wingnuts bury their heads further and further up their as***.
The question is: How the heck do you breathe?

Mish
Bears Terrorists are not bold enough to hijack several Passenger Jets at once from major US airports and slam them in US landmarks.

Yes, the 9/11 terrorists were bold, and the plan was executed astonishingly well.

Would you go so far as to say these guys were not cowards?

Peter

Before reading the report, I wouldn't have expected to find myself thinking that such a course of action was either likely or possible; after reading the report, I don't know why we would run the risk of not impeaching the man.

OK, so let us find out straight from the source...

http://www.house.gov/judiciary_democrats/iraqrept122005/finalreport.pdf

b
No. of Recommendations: 2
We see wingnuts bury their heads further and further up their as***.
The question is: How the heck do you breathe?

As a primetime left side wingnut of the first degree, and one that has lots of opinions I am shocked to not see you offering a solution - or have you given up breathing?

Or do I have this wrong and you are asking for advice on your breathing predicament? <LMAO>