Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
The change in the nonafilliated vote requirement is the worst part. Even if everyone that voted against the deal last time banded together and hired a proxy to vote our shares in China at the meeting, I'm sure any arb firms involved would do the same and would win because the unvoted shares wouldn't count. I asked a friend who is a corporate legal counsel to let me know if there is any illegality in doing it this way for a company registered in Nevada.

The Special Committee hasn't accepted any new offer yet. I guess one big question would be whether they would still have to get a new fairness opinion and how crazy would HL have to change assumptions to get an ok to it now given that 2013 is in the books and came out much better than they last expected and that management has already said on the last conf call that the new manufacturing facility is only in the early stages.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.