Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
At one point in time, people would have engaged in character assassination against me if I posted this material on Global Gains. I would have been told that what I had posted was "FALSE" and people would have "debated" using Ad Hominem attacks on the "Source". Various posters would have said that since the author of the information was "short" that it invalidated the information and this would have been done without any discussion about the information itself!!!

I know people wonder why I do not accept arguments against the source or accusations of a person being short as a valid argument of the source being incorrect. Well this would be the prime reason why:

From Marketfolly

The China Hustle is a recently released documentary from Academy Award winner Alex Gibney and Academy Award nominees Frank Marshall and Jed Rothstein and the producers of Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room. The China Hustle features the story of the wave of Chinese reverse mergers that swept the market a few years ago.

It details a play by play of the various frauds that took place and the short sellers involved in discovering and drawing attention to them. Featured in the documentary are the likes of Jim Chanos of Kynikos Associates, Carson Block of Muddy Waters Research, Soren Aandahl of Glaucus Research and more.

The trailer is embedded below with a preview.

The China Hustle Documentary Trailer:

http://www.marketfolly.com/2018/04/the-china-hustle-trailer-...

My how times have changed, once it became apparent that the stuff that occurred in this video would be "true", I can now get away with posting this without much highly negative feedback. The thing was that a lot of the risks about Chinese smallcap reverse merger stocks were easily discoverable to those that kept a open mind.

One of the ways in which I detect companies/industries in which I do not want to invest in, would be where I see that the risks in a company seemingly very easily discoverable and yet I find too many people having closed off their mind to the possibility of the risk or risks actually occurring because of excessive hype surrounding the company, sector or region of the world....this type of assessment "worked" for me in avoiding most of the great Chinese smallcap collapse that soured people on Global Gains.

The China Hustle was also featured on the latest Motley Fool Money podcast:

https://www.fool.com/podcasts/motley-fool-money/2018-03-30-t...

Starrob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.