Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
The choice is yours.

Of course. I went and looked at 2210, which after a bit sent me to pub 505. It's rather confusing. But as near as I can tell I need to complete worksheet 2-7 to see if I can annualize. They don't really explain how to do it, just point to the worksheet.

The W4 is clearly easier...just input a value on line 6 that will cover the shortfall this year, and be done. If I overdo it a bit that's fine, it either reduces the check I have to write in April or gets me a refund. Then I'll need to adjust again in January based on numbers this year so the withhold next year is more appropriate.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.