Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
The choose what to do with her body thing is plain silliness. A woman can't use her body to go steal or murder or kidnap or all sorts of other things. The point of the pro-life side is that there is someone else involved. If 8-month fetuses weren't human life, then you'd have the entire pro-life side turning toward choice immediately. Nobody opposes people choosing things (hence the reason the anti-choice label is ignorant rhetoric). Its the belief that someone's right to live trumps someone else's choice of what to do with "their body". Its really important to understand the entire issue to be able to take a stand on or against one side.

Here's where I get conflicted...

I believe that it is morally wrong to abort a baby. But I'm also taught (and believe) that we are given freewill by God to choose what's right and what's wrong... and that it is not proper to interfere with the freewill of others. (in fact, the sin itself is in turning away from what is right more than anything else)

In other words, even though it's not right for me, it's not right for me to impose my convictions on others either. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Does that make me a pro-life person who favors choice? Does it just make me confused?

Nobody said I had to fit into someone's little box...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.