Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 27
Hello Everybody:

I've been lurking on this board for a while and have found the insights very helpful and some posts very entertaining. Most of the Bruce Brown confessions had me ROTFLMAO. You should be proud of having such a great board.

Here's an original story to contribute to the Bruce Brown issue (my apologies to BB, the devil made me write this).

The Cloning of Bruce Brown

Now seeing as Bruce Brown has made some outstanding contributions to Fooldom I wanted to extend the essence of Bruce Brown (BBness) to different theories of investing. In order to do this I hatched a plan. I am a physician with graduate training in tissue engineering. My plan was to clone BB and to program the clones to concentrate on different investing theories. This would create a powerful think tank that would revolutionize investing in general.

For the first part of my plan I flew to Vienna. It took me weeks of stalking, but I was finally able to obtain a sample of BB DNA after one of his superb opera performances.

Being a part owner of Human Genome Sciences through my shares, I called the CEO, Dr. Haseltine, in order to secure permission to use his genetic laboratory facilities. Knowing that I am a part owner of his business he quickly agreed and put HGSI's resources at my disposal. After a few weeks of experimentation I had succeeded in creating full-grown clones of Bruce Brown.

I then went on to program their brains to concentrate on specific investment theories. This gave me:

BBTA, an expert in technical analysis.

BBCANSLIM, an expert in O'Neill's method.

You get the idea...there were also BBRB, BBRM, BBBernard and BBBuffet. No BBGG was created since that would be redundant.

These clones were let loose in the TMF message boards, you may have recently spotted BBTA posting in Rat's Broadband Bandwagon.

The problem was that the BB's started to flame each other via e-mail since they couldn't see eye to eye. Each exchange became more and more violent until physical fights ensued. Oh the humanity!, they were all cooped up in the same room with high speed internet access, and they started throwing the equipment at each other. In the end all of the dopplegangers perished, and I had to clean up the whole mess.

The whole episode has taught me a valuable lesson. There is only one true BruceBrown, and I should have never been so arrogant as to mess with nature. Please learn from my mistakes and leave BBness to the original.

Humbly submitted,

-xerohype

P.S. It is my sincere hope that one day I will be worthy enough to be in BruceBrown's FF list. Until that day I will strive to keep improving myself.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.