No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm about half done with TDC. It's quite good, as a Ludlum/Follett-type thriller. But the best parts, to me, are the various discussions about the history of the Church, the Holy Grail, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings (take a fresh look at The Last Supper-you'll be surprised), and more. Even if the premise is a little out there, it's still refreshing to read a trashy thriller that actually brings up some good points about religion, art, and history.

Erik
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just finished this book yesterday, and I loved it!!! I have reserved 'Angels and Demons' from the library but there seems to be quite a backlog for that book.

So I guess I will read 'Harry Potter' instead...
I just finished this book yesterday, and I loved it!!! I have reserved 'Angels and Demons' from the library but there seems to be quite a backlog for that book.

Just placed a hold. Kind of a long wait too at my library.

(What about this plagiarism charge against Brown? I think it's just sour grapes on the other author's part.)

http://www.ajc.com/living/content/living/ap/ap_story.html/Entertainment/AP.V4245.AP-Da-Vinci-Disput.html

So I guess I will read 'Harry Potter' instead...

Not me. I abhor Harry Potter. (But at least he gets kids reading.)

Erik
Well, I put off reading Harry Potter for many months. But once I started, I was hooked. Though I can't say I'm in the mood for it now. But yeah, it's good to get kids reading. (In my day, it was Nancy Drew).

I would much rather be reading 'Angels and Demons' now. I think there's alot of other literature out there that claims to have had that story first!!!

I really cannot stop thinking about The DaVinci Code, though. I will probably list that as one of the best books I've read this year.

Why do you abhor HP?
I really cannot stop thinking about The DaVinci Code, though.

I don't usually read this genre but I just ordered a used copy...the description and reviews on amazon made it irresistable. Then I logged on and saw your comments.

I'm looking forward to getting it! I like reviewing my religious knowledge while reading a good book!

RBS
a retired Catholic