Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So Sparks wrote a cautious article and Caplinger a Bull take. What's up with that?

GeeB
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
So Sparks wrote a cautious article and Caplinger a Bull take. What's up with that?

Ah, you’ve encountered the “Motley” part of The Motley Fool! Authors are actively encouraged to hold, and publish, differing views.

Similarly, it’s not uncommon for one premium portfolio service to have a stock recommended as a Buy, while another service has the same stock as a Sell.

This is also why TMF encourages investors to do their own research and form their own opinions, using the official recommendations as a starting point. I don’t blindly follow the recommendations of a service without doing some of my own study.

Bruce
Premium Home Fool
Long TSLA
Some possibly relevant context in this old thread (although not the same MF people):
https://boards.fool.com/motley-fool-on-tesla-34554373.aspx?s...

I was rude, they were gracious. But I doubt they've become much more educated. Pause... Took a look. Well, at least these pieces weren't full of outright errors. They were just pretty standard fare and lacked context. Summarized as: Tesla's been doing well. If they keep doing well they'll probably continue to go up. But they're awfully expensive.

If you look at what Tom Gardner wrote in the referenced thread you'll see that he gets it.

-IGU-
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ah, you’ve encountered the “Motley” part of The Motley Fool! Authors are actively encouraged to hold, and publish, differing views.

You missed the point. If you've been following the two you would know that Sparks is usually the Bull and Caplinger the bear. They switched positions on the same day.
You missed the point. If you've been following the two you would know that Sparks is usually the Bull and Caplinger the bear. They switched positions on the same day.

That sounds like the plot of fifty bad movies. 8-)