Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 31
As I watch individuals, couples or groups of people in restaurants, stadiums, on the beach or walking the
streets, all totally absorbed in their smart phones and iPads, I'm reminded of Albert Einstein's statement:

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of IDIOTS."

Yup, we are there.

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of IDIOTS."

Yup, we are there.

~aj

And one day, our biological mental states will mesh with very advanced computers. Memories, thoughts, intelligence and even whole personalities will be able to be uploaded into computers and live perpetually without the fear of biological degradation such as aging. Assuming these computers can be maitained, we could live indefinitely. The computer would mimic your brain and create a virtual reality in which you can live just as you do know as your biological brain creates a perceptual world for you, but as nothing more than swarms of elections in a vast, super complicated computer circuit and network.

We're not as far away as you may think. Maybe a few decades away.
No. of Recommendations: 0
As I watch individuals, couples or groups of people in restaurants, stadiums, on the beach or walking the streets, all totally absorbed in their smart phones and iPads,I'm reminded of Albert Einstein's statement:

Yup, we are there.

I feel the same, however, at the same time, especially with phone calls, email, tweets, IM, people are interacting with people, just the people aren't here.

A decade or so ago, my son broke up with his GF. She moved to NY he stayed in CA. I watched them torture each other for several months, "I miss you", "I'm dating someone else", sometimes in the same call. In my youth, calls to NY were $0.25/min and minimum wage was $1.75. So if someone moved across country all contact was lost.

It's different, sometimes better, sometimes worse, but people are communicating, all day long and with people all over the world. Next week I have 6 am presentations M, T, & W with co-workers in EU. 6 am beats having to fly over. Back to a weekend of Visio and PowerPoint.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction.

Joe,

As I believe you well know, photoshop is good. But it isn't that good.

Ralph
Helical Investor
Beyonce NEVER picks Up..................;)
High tech, low touch.