Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
The dealer I bought the car from is telling me that I have to pay for a new tire. I'm having a hard time with that idea. The tire didn't even have 70 miles on it.

Let me get this straight: You want something for free from parties not responsible or liable?

First, tires are not warranted by Nissan or the dealership. They are covered by the tire manufacturer. Even the makers of run-flat tires don't promise their shoes are nail-proof.

Second, the nail is bad luck and happens to everyone eventually. Your situation is NOT due to the fault, neglegence, or whatever of Nissan or Bridgestone/Firestone. They have no role or liablity here.

Third, it doesn't matter if you got the puncture 5 feet or 50,000 miles off the dealer's lot. That's called owning a car, man, and the title of your post suggests you've already decided you're entitled to expense-free motoring or something.

Suck it up and enjoy the car. I hope you got the all the available ponies and the 6-speed.

5Speed
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.