No. of Recommendations: 14
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
And if we don't begin to turn back the tide of centralized government, if we don't politically obliterate the Democrat Party, this beautiful Republic, this magnificent country, this bastion of free enterprise and private property rights, this shining city on a hill... well, it will be finished.

I don't see things turning back. 51% of Americans agree with the Democrat party and we're importing more people who think just like these Americans every day. How do you defeat Santa Claus in an election?

Heck in my radio market, a radio ad starting running featuring an elderly woman protesting proposed cuts in her Social Security payment. She's worked 46 years and earned her Social Security. She's all up in arms over the chained CPI. The ad doesn't mention Republicans but you know that's who gets the blame. The ad writers are taking advantage of most Americans' dismal understanding of financial math.

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 11
I don't see things turning back. 51% of Americans agree with the Democrat party and we're importing more people who think just like these Americans every day. How do you defeat Santa Claus in an election?

Heck in my radio market, a radio ad starting running featuring an elderly woman protesting proposed cuts in her Social Security payment. She's worked 46 years and earned her Social Security. She's all up in arms over the chained CPI. The ad doesn't mention Republicans but you know that's who gets the blame. The ad writers are taking advantage of most Americans' dismal understanding of financial math.
---------------------------------------------------
What gets me is the media's role in this. Why do they let them get away with it? They have to know what comes at the end of this. It's evil.
No. of Recommendations: 0

51 % OF Americans do not agree with the Democratic Party.

51% of the close to 50 percent who had the right to vote agreed that Mitt Romney was a worse Presidential Candidate than Barrack Obama.

If 51% of Americans agreed, we would be a very different country.

Again, 51% do not agree. I am not saying that they agree with me either. However, that number, no matter how much doom and gloom is added to it, is not valid.
No. of Recommendations: 1
This post is really eloquent. It has rhythm, poetic repetition, flawless punctuation and capitalization, etc. It's almost as if some paid literary pro wrote it!

Oh, wait....they did:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/03/what-democrat-party...
This post is really eloquent. It has rhythm, poetic repetition, flawless punctuation and capitalization, etc. It's almost as if some paid literary pro wrote it! Oh, wait....they did:

Truth is truth no matter who wrote it. The OP didn't claim he wrote it.
No. of Recommendations: 30
This post is really eloquent. It has rhythm, poetic repetition, flawless punctuation and capitalization, etc. It's almost as if some paid literary pro wrote it! Oh, wait....they did:

Truth is truth no matter who wrote it. The OP didn't claim he wrote it.
------------------------------------------------------------
D'uh! Of course i didn't write it, anyone who's ever read one of my posts know i don't write like that. Go back to PA spl:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/

They told me that allowing law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons would turn our streets into rivers of blood.

They told me that taking trillions of dollars from the successful and giving it to those "who truly needed it" would cure poverty.

They told me that giving home loans to those who couldn't afford them would make the American dream achievable for all.

They told me that paying into the Social Security "Trust Fund" would guarantee a comfortable retirement for everyone.

They told me that allowing teachers to unionize in public schools would help inner city students reach for the stars.

They told me that the federal government could run a guaranteed, affordable health care program for seniors forever.

They told me that the new employment paradigm consisted of millions of "green jobs".

They told me that their support for immoral and criminal behavior wouldn't result in the breakdown of the two-parent family.

They told me that spending trillions on Stimulus programs would heal a damaged economy.

They told me that raising taxes on corporations and "the rich" would create more jobs.

They told me that our borders were "as secure as they've ever been".

They told me that intentionally restricting access to our own sources of energy would reduce dependence on foreign oil.

They told me that recklessly spreading unemployment benefits and food stamps would jump-start the economy.

They told me that, in spite of the VA and the Indian Health Service, they could successfully run the entire American health care system.

They told me that their record-breaking borrowing could never result in a downgrade of the United States' AAA credit rating.

They told me that "the Constitution doesn't matter".

They told me that the Constitution has to change with the times.

They told me that I exist to serve the government and not the other way around.

They told me that anyone who opposes their unconstitutional, reckless and failed policies are racists.

Well, I'm here to tell you:

Everything they told me was a lie.

Everything they told me was wrong.

Intentionally, diabolically, criminally wrong.

And if we don't begin to turn back the tide of centralized government, if we don't politically obliterate the Democrat Party, this beautiful Republic, this magnificent country, this bastion of free enterprise and private property rights, this shining city on a hill... well, it will be finished.
-----------------------------------------------
Please consider reccing this so the terrorists don't win.
No. of Recommendations: 5
2828 hit a nerve. Some PA pansy FAed his OP. So much for free speech with those folks.

Mike
51% of the close to 50 percent who had the right to vote agreed that Mitt Romney was a worse Presidential Candidate than Barrack Obama

Out of the 50% who voted, of the 50% who have the right to vote, 51% agreed that Romney was a worse candidate.

That's about 13% of the population.

The other 87% of the population, we don't know what they think.
The other 87% of the population, we don't know what they think.

Correction... we do know about another 12% of the population (they voted for Romney). So there's only 75% we don't know about.
No. of Recommendations: 9
2828 hit a nerve. Some PA pansy FAed his OP. So much for free speech with those folks.

You mean this one?

They told me that allowing law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons would turn our streets into rivers of blood.

They told me that taking trillions of dollars from the successful and giving it to those "who truly needed it" would cure poverty.

They told me that giving home loans to those who couldn't afford them would make the American dream achievable for all.

They told me that paying into the Social Security "Trust Fund" would guarantee a comfortable retirement for everyone.

They told me that allowing teachers to unionize in public schools would help inner city students reach for the stars.

They told me that the federal government could run a guaranteed, affordable health care program for seniors forever.

They told me that the new employment paradigm consisted of millions of "green jobs".

They told me that their support for immoral and criminal behavior wouldn't result in the breakdown of the two-parent family.

They told me that spending trillions on Stimulus programs would heal a damaged economy.

They told me that raising taxes on corporations and "the rich" would create more jobs.

They told me that our borders were "as secure as they've ever been".

They told me that intentionally restricting access to our own sources of energy would reduce dependence on foreign oil.

They told me that recklessly spreading unemployment benefits and food stamps would jump-start the economy.

They told me that, in spite of the VA and the Indian Health Service, they could successfully run the entire American health care system.

They told me that their record-breaking borrowing could never result in a downgrade of the United States' AAA credit rating.

They told me that "the Constitution doesn't matter".

They told me that the Constitution has to change with the times.

They told me that I exist to serve the government and not the other way around.

They told me that anyone who opposes their unconstitutional, reckless and failed policies are racists.

Well, I'm here to tell you:

Everything they told me was a lie.

Everything they told me was wrong.

Intentionally, diabolically, criminally wrong.

No. of Recommendations: 2
"...if we don't politically obliterate the ..."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The concept of obliterating one party or another seems a bit
out of place - and is just as out of place for one party as
for another.
We are not enemies.
We are fellow citizens who have different strategies regarding
how we should be governed and how we should govern.

Over the last decades, we have seen and heard the political
rhetoric become more and more divisive. The boards with
political perspective as the be-all end-all of all posts
in particular are vicious. Political hacks run rampant and
name-calling is routine. However, the political dunces view of
life and living is not the real world - outside of a few
of the more minor cities - such as DC.

People need to remember - Prohibition did not fail because of the
government. Prohibition failed because the people refused to
follow. When the government tries to do something that the
people refuse, sooner or later the government loses.
The government loses whether the government is one party or
another.

Howie52
No. of Recommendations: 6
We are not enemies.

We are fellow citizens who have different strategies regarding
how we should be governed and how we should govern.

BS.

Liberals are the enemies of liberty. I choose not to cower before any man. There is no compromise.
The boards with political perspective as the be-all end-all of all posts in particular are vicious.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do anything--including running a country. When a government--comprised, after all, of its own citizenry--seek to control fellow citizens explicitly (through taxation) or covertly (through handouts), that government will ultimately fail and/or be far less effective than it could have been had it left its citizenry to its own liberty.

If you want "civil" debate, try this website. Here's an example.

The Minimum Wage Is a Sound Economic Policy
http://www.debate.org/debates/The-Minimum-Wage-Is-a-Sound-Ec...
No. of Recommendations: 3
Here's an example of government being run wrongly.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/supercuts_707691.htm...

The barbershop of the U.S. Senate has run deficits of approximately $350,000 a year for each of the last 15 years. So Senate sergeant at arms Terry Gainer has decided to try out a new model, one that has looked rather unfashionable during the Obama era: privatization. [...]

Rick Santorum’s proposal [to end the practice of legislators' free haircuts] suffered an even greater defeat when he took on the barbershop in 1997. Senators and barbers alike were quick to object. “If you start to privatize,” intoned Arlen Specter, Santorum’s fellow Republican senator from Pennsylvania, “[y]ou put a lot of people out of a job, and you have a lot of disruptions.” Specter and his colleagues were also concerned about finding a barbershop that would cater to lawmakers’ irregular timetables. “I don’t know when you could get a haircut with our schedule around here. You can slip in and out of the barbershop in 20 minutes. If you have to go downtown, it will take an hour and a half,” Specter complained. Like Douglas’s effort before him, Santorum’s plan failed to survive a Rules Committee vote, but then-sergeant at arms Greg Casey decided to consolidate the Senate barbershop and beauty parlor anyway.

Santorum lamented the hopelessness of his attempt to battle the barbers’ influence among his comrades: “When your barber has you in the chair, and he says, ‘You’re not going to cut my job, are you?’ what are you going to say?”
So there's only 75% we don't know about.

We know about them. They were either too lazy to go vote or too lazy to care. Either way, they are playing a part in the demise of America.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 8
Santorum’s fellow Republican senator from Pennsylvania, “[y]ou put a lot of people out of a job, and you have a lot of disruptions

Frigging politicians! People in PA hear similar arguments when the dicussion starts concerning privatization of wine and liquor sales.

What about all those nice union jobs that would be lost if the wine sales are privatized? He!!, what about the consumer? The politicians do not give a d@mn about us.

Like the old Soviet Union, we PA residents have to go to a state run Wine & Spirits store staffed by disinterested unionized Democrat hacks to purchase our wine. Travel right next door to Ohio and you can buy your wine with your groceries in a grocery store or in a specialty privately owned wine shop owned by a person passionate about wine.

There is only one title that counts in business and that is "Owner"

Mike
Like the old Soviet Union, we PA residents have to go to a state run Wine & Spirits store staffed by disinterested unionized Democrat hacks to purchase our wine.

Keep passing by those fireworks stores when I drop my kid off at school

We can't get fireworks in NY, I keep passing by a couple of the factories hen I bring her back for the summer, if I have any room in the car after packing her stuff I gotta load up on some fireworks, I have not shot stuff off for a long time -- our displays have all been cancelled by me

So anyway, at least they let y'all buy fireworks, even though your firewater is government controlled.
So anyway, at least they let y'all buy fireworks, even though your firewater is government controlled.

lowstudent

No they don't. That's what Ohio is for. <g>

Mike
What about all those nice union jobs that would be lost if the wine sales are privatized? He!!, what about the consumer? The politicians do not give a d@mn about us.

Yup, if a private sector worker loses his/her job, it's merely not good. But if a government worker loses his/her job, it's a tragedy. Union workers are only concerned about "job," theirs. The rest of us can go to Hades.

Like the old Soviet Union, we PA residents have to go to a state run Wine & Spirits store staffed by disinterested unionized Democrat hacks to purchase our wine. Travel right next door to Ohio and you can buy your wine with your groceries in a grocery store or in a specialty privately owned wine shop owned by a person passionate about wine.

Same concept in the People's Republic of Michigan. IIRC, up to a certain alcohol percentage market forces rule, but once that threshhold has been crossed, only the wise and benvolent state can figure out how much a fifth of Jack is worth.

I don't know how I'd figure out how to wipe myself if not for the bureaucrats.

lowstudent

Mike

Seriously?

I keep passing by all the places telling me to stop in and buy when I cross in on my way. DO they actually not sell fireworks are all those places that claim they do?

You can save me some time in not bothering with this if it is a waste let me know.

Mike

ROFLMAO

I just looked it up, and it appears I with my NY license can buy all the fireworks in PA that I want, only a PA resident can't buy fireworks in PA!

As long as I agree that I will not shoot them off in PA I am just fine. As long of course, as NY doesn't find out since it is illegal here too.

I love Insanity, it is more than a workout video-ROFLMAO

There is only one title that counts in business and that is "Owner"

but if you go to Ohio, then you have to buy other alcoholic drinks in a state store. If you're willing to drive here to Indiana, you can buy anything that you want in the grocery.

Except on Sundays. You may not buy any alcohol on Sundays :(

This has always been the oddest arrangement to me

Let's put this together, after building the world and all this stuff for 6 days on the 7th day he rested

Religion is the reason we can't have alcohol on Sundays

Religion wants you to behave like God

Do you think after all that work God didn't kick back and enjoy a beer?

I hate incongruity!
but if you go to Ohio, then you have to buy other alcoholic drinks in a state store. If you're willing to drive here to Indiana, you can buy anything that you want in the grocery.

Hey all of your drinkers, come to (relatively) libertarian Michigan to buy your hooch.

- Sunday Liquor sales

- Your local MI party store sells everything

C'mon, if you're going to consider OH (for crying out loud), why not just go first class and travel a few more miles north?

Just don't buy smokes or gas here.
Religion is the reason we can't have alcohol on Sundays

What happens if you run out of communion wine?

Incongruous, indeed!
Religion is the reason we can't have alcohol on Sundays. Religion wants you to behave like God. Do you think after all that work God didn't kick back and enjoy a beer? I hate incongruity!

The Fifth Commandment is: Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy. Past peoples didn't think that kicking back with a brewski fulfills that criteria. ;-)

Exodus 23:12 "Six days do your work, but on the seventh day do not work, so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and so that the slave born in your household and the foreigner living among you may be refreshed.

However, if "keeping it holy" means spending time in God's house and then in peaceful enjoyment with friends and family, I don't see how a little alcohol prevents one from doing that.
However, if "keeping it holy" means spending time in God's house and then in peaceful enjoyment with friends and family, I don't see how a little alcohol prevents one from doing that.
----------------------------------------------------------
I'll go a step further, if you want peaceful enjoyment with family i think alcohol should be mandatory.
I'll go a step further, if you want peaceful enjoyment with family i think alcohol should be mandatory.

As usual, very insightful, 2828. ;-)
Past peoples didn't think that kicking back with a brewski fulfills that criteria. ;-)

Yeah, that sounds good, but I know when my priest takes a hit of 'His' blood, it is 18 proof -- if they were bothered by booze then they could go all he turned water into wine and drink water and still be true to the spirit of the moment.

That said, I am more than willing to bet that lots of past people indeed did think that the Sabbath was a good day to relax and imbibe after and while paying homage to the Lord. There is no incompatibility.

Instead of forcing them to drink I usually slip a few crushed ludes in the mashed potatoes, but I guess alcohol would work.
-----------

Especially if it is your MIL with dementia.

arrete
No. of Recommendations: 4
-----------

arrete
-----------
It's funny, i've never had to deal with anyone with dementia, besides the posters from the PA board.
Hey all of your drinkers, come to (relatively) libertarian Michigan to buy your hooch.

- Sunday Liquor sales

- Your local MI party store sells everything

Founders Brewing is there. No more need be said. Thank Garden Bunny that Founders started distributing in PA a few years ago. These guys are among the top five breweries in the USA.

Picked up a four pack of their Russian Imperial Stout on Saturday and I'm working my way through it. At 10.5% ABV per 12 ounce bottle it will get you real relaxed. <g>

Mike
It's funny, i've never had to deal with anyone with dementia, besides the posters from the PA board.

You are very very lucky, you have no idea how badly it sucks.

Read this just today. Scary.

One in three seniors dies with dementia, report finds

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/19/17371064-one-in-t...
My grandmother has it.

Its manifestation in her case is less horrific than some other cases. When she sees us, it is clear she knows we are visiting her and that she has positive feelings about us. However, she has no clue who we are, what are names are, or anything about how we are related.
My grandmother has it.

Its manifestation in her case is less horrific than some other cases. When she sees us, it is clear she knows we are visiting her and that she has positive feelings about us. However, she has no clue who we are, what are names are, or anything about how we are related.
-----------------

MIL knows who we are, but has little to say except the same things over and over again. I try to read News of the Weird or something so I'll have little tidbits to chat about when she comes over.

I try not to think about it too much. This is a woman who was the proverbial early adopter. Bought Prius the first year it came here. Could do amazing things on her TRS-80 in the 70s. Fought an IRS audit and won. Oh well.

arrete

That very much depends on the family. For some families I would agree. Some others don't need it. And for some it would be counterproductive.