Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
This week's theme was "The Devil in Me"...and it was a good episode. The first act was about a former U.S. Army soldier who came back from Iraq with severe anti-Muslim paranoia, and how he tried to overcome it (by joining the Muslim Student Association when he goes to college). The second act was a series of the little voices in all of us...how we rationalize things like smoking and drinking and sleeping in late. The last act was the story of a Christian facing down a demon. You have to hear the last one...I loved the line "So I thanked God for the victory and went for a slice of pizza."

You can get the download free here, or on iTunes:
http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=340

So I listened to this story for about the first hour of my ten mile run today...and I got to thinking about what the voice in my head is telling me, how I justify things I know I shouldn't do. I think with me the voice is one of procrastination...returning a phone call, starting a project, checking e-mail one more time before heading out for a run. I had a captain once who used to say all the time "You are a product of your choices." So is listening to the voice a choice? Or is it just who you are...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.