Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The earliest proponent of IETC on the fool boards is not here. Why? He knows the boards exists, doesn't he? Just wondering.

Hello ghostofdreams,

Well, I feel like a deadbeat fool. I admit I have slipped in my Foolish activities . The reason is that spring has finally arrived in Michigan. That means yard work, getting the garden ready, Tiger baseball and chasing my 1 and 3 year old sons around outside. Now that only 2 or 3 yard projects remain, planting has started in the garden, the Tigers are close to .500 and I have erected a play structure to distract the little ones, I have finally found time to catch up on my backlog of posts to read.

I have to admit when I saw the board open, I thought "Duh, why didn't I think of requesting it." I have to say great job meddler. I plan on becoming a regular contributor. Thanks.

I am working through the post. In case this hasn't been posted yet, here is Hewitt Heisermans website.

http://www.earningspower.com/epc.html

It is not very informative, but does contains one very valuable resource. Heiserman himself. Just click on the contact us link. formorears first emailed HH and received a reply within 20 minutes. I did the same on numerous occasions and received replies immediately. I think the guy lives in front of his computer.

He emailed me his criteria for screening stocks on Yahoo. Here it is:

this is what i do with yahoo finance:

1)i look for an roe over 20%;
2)a price/free cash flow < 25x;
3)more cash than debt;
4)insider ownership over 10-15%;
5)debt less than 5x free cash flow;
6)shares short % float < 10x, and
7)YOY sales growth over 10%.

this is a very quick way of reducing the number of companies to a manageable list. the more you do this the easier it becomes. last, write a gameplan like i mention in the last chapter...it sounds juvenile but it really helped me out. best, hewitt

Looking forward to a great discussion on IETC,
SP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.