Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Not only is a Bears QB 5th in passing yards right now, Bears receivers are #6, 23, and 27 in receiving yards - Mush, Berrian, Clark.

The end is nigh!

Sunrunner4

PS - more signs:
- Willis MaGahee is leading the league in rusing.

- Charlie Frye has more passing yards than Palmer and Hasselbeck.

- Frye is tied for first place for, wait for it, rushing TD's. it's gets better: Frye has a longer run on the season than does Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, or Corey Dillon

- Some dude named Bart Scott is tied with some other dude named Trent Cole to lead the league in sacks. Some other dude names Rahean Mathis is leading the league in picks, and he's from Bethune-Cookman college, which sounds too fake to be made-up.

- David Carr is leading the league is passer rating.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Some dude named Bart Scott

Ravens LB, and he demonstrated last year that he can play.

Last year he demonstrated he can play. This year he's demonstrating he can dominate. Very impressive so far.

So is Landry (rookie 6th round SS). How they keep coming up with these guys out of nowhere is beyond me...

- C -
No. of Recommendations: 1
Last year he demonstrated he can play. This year he's demonstrating he can dominate. Very impressive so far.

This offseason he should become a full-fledged Raven when he notches his first kill.
Landry (rookie 6th round SS).

5th.

He's also your AFC defensive player of the month. Personally, I thought Shawne Merriman has looked like the most dominating AFC defensive player; but San Diego had a bye in the first month and the Ravens did not, so Scott had a greater opportunity to pad stats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/27/AR2006092701777.html
When linebacker Bart Scott was asked on Wednesday afternoon how it felt to lead the NFL with five sacks, he replied: "It is flattering, but it's early yet. It's a marathon; they don't give out prizes for the first month or the first three games of the season."
Scott spoke too soon; later in the day, he was named the AFC defensive player of the month. Scott [is] a former undrafted rookie who is in his first full season as a starter
No. of Recommendations: 2

He's also your AFC defensive player of the month. blah blah blah Bart Scott

Lord save me from Ravens fans.

Once on the VH1 show "best week ever", they were describing the recent (at the time) NBA finals. The commentary was: "some dudes from Detroit just won the NBA finals!" Now, I'm sure the 2005 starting lineup of the Pistons was reasonably well-known with the ghetto of Detroit. But for the other folks in America, we all just asked, "is Joe Dumars still around?"

Bart Scott may be household name and Wheatie-box worthy in the Baltimore area, but I'm willing to bet the vast majority of other people have no idea who this Joe Nobody is (shocking, I know) - even NFL nerds that populate this board. He may be the next big thing, but right now, he's still "some dude". Bernard Berrian, hot new WR for the Bears that is really not new, is still just "some dude".

Now, the better conversation is: at what point are you no longer "some dude" and actually somebody? I will even provide a faux starting definition, sorta. For any of us more-than-casual-but-not-obsessive-fans, you can probably name ~8 players on any random team, and if you look over the depth chart, are familiar with 20ish of the players. When you're in the 20, you're somebody. Until then, you're "some dude".

Sunrunner4
No. of Recommendations: 7
Bart Scott may be household name and Wheatie-box worthy in the Baltimore area, but I'm willing to bet the vast majority of other people have no idea who this Joe Nobody is (shocking, I know) - even NFL nerds that populate this board. He may be the next big thing, but right now, he's still "some dude".

True, but once he appears on America's Most Wanted, he'll have as much name recognition as the rest of the Raven defenders.

--WP