Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
The final conclusion is IVF and don't get too excited. Given my age they are suggesting a 10% chance of success. 10%. I'm a fairly
gung-ho, optimistic person but 10%. I don't know if I can deal with the reality of trying and it not working. I really don't. These last two years have just left me feeling wrung out like a used floor cloth.

{{{Diane}}}

You and a few others close to my heart are the reason I lurk at this board, so I guess I should share.

My own infertilty story had me at 37, never pregnant after 7yrs of trying, including 10 cycles of clomid. Our RE gave us a less than 1% chance of getting pregnant without heavy medical intervention. He refused to even consider IVF and wanted to go directly to GIFT. I had always said that my infertility treatment would stop, where the needles started. Now here we were. DH & I decide to take some time to think it over.

Less than a week later a call advised me that I'd hit the lottery. With zero medical intervention I was pregnant. Alanna Robin, my less than 1% chance is now a 9 week old cutie pie.

So much for the odds.

Crazyinlovefool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.