Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Here's a recap of those interested...

Let me start by saying I went up with two expectations; first to get one good laugh, and second to do at least four minutes on stage. I did pretty well even though I blanked at first. I got two applause breaks and a number of smaller "rolling" laughs. The Emcee told me he thought I did about 5 1/2 minutes but after timing my tape (my material only) it was about 4 1/2 minutes.

So I met both my goals. I had a number of people (and we're talking regular audience members) tell me they really enjoyed my set. Also, a number of my comic friends took time to tell me they thought I did very well for my first time and that it was better than they expected I would be (which I find very encouraging). I also received a number of phone calls (mostly messages) sending me encouragement beforehand, inquiring how it went, or telling me they had heard I'd done well. Thanks to everyone for their support.

So to say the least - it went well. I had fun with it and my next up is Monday next week.

AC *now to expand on my material*
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Congrats AC, what a brave thing to do. I am in awe!

DOW
Congrats Paula!

Great, you should be very proud!

Heinz <clapping hands>
So to say the least - it went well. I had fun with it and my next up is Monday next week.

Excellent. Most excellent.

Plaidy
=========

Congrats!!! We all knew you had a funny bone. And now the rest of the world knows!

To expand your materials, I know you can glean a lot from the boards.

Nica, Now can say she knows a real live comedianne.
Way to go!
Thanks to everyone for their support

I'm pleased that it went so well for you.

Loopy

Fantastic report, AC. I'm really happy for you. It's always been a secret desire of mine to do stand up, too. Don't think I ever will tho...except in somebody's kitchen or whatever. Great start, Goddess!

MizL *clapping*

The low carbing not working??? :) Glad it went well for you.

Odee