Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

The following was posted on the Yahoo board some time ago. It illustrates another potentially important income stream for XM, and it demonstrates that hard-wired services like Muzak are in jeopardy of being displaced by XM satellite radio simply because XM is a much better value.

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1600408765&tid=xmsr&sid=1600408765&mid=23869

The work out and cafeteria scene.....
by: SMOKEYGEO
Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Buy 11/05/01 11:21 am
Msg: 23869 of 23961
I thought that some here would like to get a peak at the "non-conventional" market place for XMSR. The market place for now is significant but perhaps pales a bit when the auto OEMs come on board. Nonetheless it may be a bit undercovered here, now.

The following is a posting on the DISH board from one of their valued regulars. He is an independent Echostar rep in New Orleans and does other audio/video work as opportunities arise. He has granted me permision to post his words here. You are going to find the title alien and you must realize that some of the background of why the thread exists relates to ongoing discussion of how the Hughes/Echostar merge affects the prior Echostar independent contractor's business. DISHMAN is one of the best sources of hands-on info there (DISH board) along with our KING.

-----------
Re: The PARTY is over for contractors...
by: DishMan5 (M/New Orleans) 11/04/01 01:25 pm
Msg: 45989 of 45994

Yes, I have a couple of jobs set up for XM. In New Orleans we cant get the Sony house model yet. Should be out this month. Im doing a work out gym with 18 pairs of speakers throught the work out areas. Total cost of speakers and radio,$6100.00. The second job is smaller replacing a muzak system. XM only charges $29.99 for commercial. The cafeteria is now paying over $100.00 per month. I think XM will put a serious hurting on muzak unless they drop there prices to existing customers. JMO as always

--------

Yes, there are going to be other subscribers and corporate agreements that weight out at far more than one subscribership per "vehicle" and that will prove/expose XMSR to the one sub at a time marketplace. Exposure! Exposure! Keep it up DISHMAN.

Smokey
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.