Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The forced choice vote didn't allow me to actually express all of my feelings. I could only pick one, so I picked "makes me distrust management."

I have an accoun with AMEX. I also have other accounts that I was going to consolidate with my AMEX brokerage holdings. And I was going to add to my portfolio because of the fee structure. I am not actively contemplating closing down my AMEX account. Yet. But, I am seriously reconsidering adding any future money to that account or closing my other accounts. I may well end up closing the account as well.

As someone who studies organizations and attitudes like trust, I agree the article. This change not only greatly reduces their competitiveness in the marketplace but also erodes my trust and makes me feel as though I have been taken advantage of. This is not the way to win customers. This also makes me question the long term value of my holdings of AMEX stock. If I do decide to close my account and move my business elsewhere, I am also unlikely to want to maintain my status as a shareholder...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.