Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
The founder/CEO of UiPath (terrible name) is extremely popular, charismatic and hyper-aggressive.

Personally, he's not my cup of team though he repeatedly tells origin story of how he had little money in Romania and no compute rand learned coding just by reading a book. He's frequently in the media and does a UiPath Conference.

He seems intensely dedicated to keeping things simple. And there's no doubt the rivalry between UiPath (NY/Romania HQ), Automation Anywhere (Silicon Valley HQ) and Blue Prism (London HQ) is intense. Found an article where Dines' was mocked by his rivals for grossly overstating how prevalent RPA might become. So he's kind of the George Kurtz of RPA. Very different man than Blue Prism current CEO Jason Kingdon.

Blue Prism is not the top dog and seems like might even be in 3rd slot. UiPath is going to IPO and one has to assume generate a lot more buzz and raise some serious money to expand.

Found this Tedx talk from Blue Prism CTO, David Moss. Holy moly... zzzzzzzz. Real snoozefest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SximAg9t4w

If you put Daniel Dines into YouTube you see the guy everywhere. So again, seems we have a complex/developing industry, Blue Prism is not top dog and the top dog has a very motivated, charismatic figure sucking up oxygen and pushing the narrative envelope.

I also read that Microsoft and others coming into the space, which is a positive in my book because it means they smell money here. Again, Blue Prism seems like it has an unusually high chance of being acquired.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.