Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
The full scoop:

My son-in-law returned home from a conference and tested positive. They were planning to drive here (NYC to SC) for the kids' spring break, but after a few days of the rest of the family testing negative, DD flew down with the kids. After they were here for 4 days, I began to feel ill, but tested negative. The next day I tested positive, as did my grandson. That was 2 days ago (seems longer!).

I have 2 lung conditions and became a bit more ill than most vaxxed & boosted people (although it's been 7 months since my first booster, and I decided tentatively to wait on the second boost till Moderna releases their multivalent vax). I feel like I have a combo head cold, sinus infection, and mild to moderate bronchitis (when I'm really sick with bronchitis, I feel like I might die). I've coughed enough that my throat and chest muscles are sore.

Anyhoo, DGD continued to test negative and flew home alone on their planned flight (age 8) and remains fine. DGS shows no symptoms and is as energetic as usual, but of course he can't fly till he tests negative, so he and DD are staying awhile (DD didn't want to leave me taking care of my husband with his advanced dementia and my grandson and unable to leave the house as I'm sick). DD had covid a couple of months ago and feels fine and tests negative. Luckily DD can work from my house. Oh--DH shows no symptoms. We haven't shoved a swab up his nose (he will be sure to object physically!), but will have to at some point as his part-time caregivers won't return until we both test negative, so no help this coming week. Despite sleeping with me unmasked and everything, and despite his severe disability, DH remains healthy.

I'm mostly resting, but I have to help DH wash up/shower/dress/toilet. But DD is shopping, cooking and serving meals, doing dishes, and helping with laundry, which enables me to mostly rest. DGS (11) os mostly self-entertaining but she took him to the beach after dinner and they found a live conch and starfish. They stayed till after dark and were far from others.

We're leaving windows open most of the time--luckily temps in the 60s at night-70s daytime.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.