Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The G35 has a great drive and excellent engine. The engine isn't quite a silky smooth as a BMW straight 6, but it's close. Handling is pretty predictable and grip was excellent with the tires provided.........even in the endless Seattle rain (note to self, Seattle this time of year blows).

If you were here in November welcome to our rainiest month IN HISTORY! The record was shattered on the 16th of November, just 16 days in the month and will probably continue to get racked up. Seattle has had INSANE weather this year:

1) The second wettest month in history - January 2006
2) The driest summer IN HISTORY - just 1/10 of an inch of rain
3) The third longest heat wave in HISTORY
4) Tied our all time record high of 99 degrees and change
5) The wettest month in history - November 2006

I received an 84 in a 60 ticket in Seattle, well actually a 75 in a 60 since the officer reduced it. Only 122 bucks........so I count it as a cost of driving ticket. NY does not accept tickets from other states.....so no insurance problems. I tried to pass someone and got caught during the pass with the G35. It should be noted that Seattle etc drivers need to get their butts out of the fast lane.....man it's bad over there.

Seattle drivers are the worst passive/aggressive nutcases on the roads in America. They passionately believe that 60 MPH is a SPEED LIMIT, and going along at 55 MPH in the passing lane is perfectly fine. They'll creep along the car next to them causing rolling road blocks and slow down to 20 MPH on the interstate when its light rain and drizzle. I LOATHE driving in Seattle.

Speeding ticket blows, your lucky getting the 75 MPH ticket -- with what you described if the LEO had been in a bad mood, they could have written you up for negligent driving, a Seattle favorite when you do the open it up and zig zag around slower traffic in the left lane.

Milligram46
Lives in Seattle
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.