No. of Recommendations: 2
The gerneral advice which I agree with is to contribute to your 401k up to get the maximum employer contribution, then contribute to a Roth IRA if eligible to its max, then continue contributing to the 401k, and then to a taxable account.
Some of the 401k plans seem to be poor, but, they may be better than other alternatives.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.