Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

The government isn't the answer.
-----
k,
You have that right. That's why I've been "political" lately.
I just received the gift of my first grandchild--Hope I didn't mention that before.
But, when my 'nest' started emptying I had a lot of time on my hands and
I wanted the best for my kids future. They will do OK with diplomas--
but nothing like my mother's generation. Can you believe they only paid 1% in taxes? The state didn't even have income tax then. Wow.
In my little county, there are many poor. But every time a problem comes up, someone gets a plan to help. You can take free classes on the ins and outs of Medicare to help the old folks figure out their bills--
volunteer to work at a "baby store" full of free stuff for young moms, all donated by the locals. Or, volunteer to winterize homes or fix cars
etc. And those you help just don't want you to go! They thank you, then bless you, then often just start blubbering!(my brother does this stuff for the folks at a local church and doesn't know what to say--It's funny! He just stands there feeling like a dope, as he backs toward his
car!) How can you NOT want to help these people? I'm story-telling again-- The point is, all we lack here is money! But it's all in Lansing and Washington getting spent on------I'll just shut -up now,
before I get in trouble.
Nice learning more about you and thanks for the bi-polar info. If the weather doesn't change or what ever, the girls and I will be fine for a while.
Becky
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.