Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The Greensboro Four were declined service because of WHO THEY ARE/WERE not because they ordered food that the owner found objectionable.

I think you misunderstand my point. I was drawing a comparison to them because of the method they chose to dramatize their issue - deliberately patronizing a business that did not want to fulfill their requests. I was not drawing a comparison between the substantive issues.

There's nothing wrong with deliberately choosing to make a request of a business that you know they will refuse for the purpose of highlighting or publicizing that refusal. The grounds may differ - and the merits of their refusal may differ. But it's a common and relatively innocuous tactic used to clarify and highlight the business policies of the owner which you object to.

Albaby
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.