Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The high muckety mucks in the ISU are taking heat over the age rule because of her

And when they put the rule in place they were taking heat over the incidence of anorexia among skaters. That and the ever-present injuries. Little Girls in Pretty Boxes anyone?

As they say "Hard cases make bad law." I mean, it isn't exactly "right" that the Japanese men only get to send one man to the Olympics. Takeshi Honda was injured and didn't compete in 2005 World's but almost surely would have placed high enough to get more than one spot. But thems the rules. Everyone knew the rules beforehand. 1996 was the time to contest the rules. Not mere months before the Olympics start just because there is one skater who is young but a good jumper.

I hope they don't cave. It annoys me to no end when people want to change rules by whining. "But she's so goooood." Great. I don't disagree. But she isn't old enough. She should be well prepared for the 2010 Olympics.

She'd walk outta there with a medal for sure.

Nothing is a sure thing.

-----

Also -- yaaaaay Tanith! I was thoroughly impressed by the way that Tanith and Ben handled their situation. In every interview they were consistently gracious and classy. Which makes me all the happier that she got her citizenship in time to be considered for the Olympics.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.