Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The information you are used to obtaining is not required by the Department of labor (DOL). The only requirement as to reporting is that you receive at least annually, a statement showing your vested account balance. This statement should have the date the balance is from, your name, and social security number. Thats it.
Anything extra is just that...extra.
This information is maintained by your plan recordkeeper. Making detailed statements like the one you are used to is more expensive so some providers just go with a bare bones minimum. This information should be obtainable by calling an 800 number and asking a customer service rep how many shares of each fund were purchased and what day they were purchased on. Records must be kept as to what day you payroll money was invested and how much was credited to your account. Check with your employer or call the Plan's recordkeeper. I guess in this case it would be Schwab.

Good luck.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.