No. of Recommendations: 0
The inputs also differed each time. Similar inputs produce similar outputs. That's not a win for non-determinism.

Well you brought up that example to make some point about determinism. Here is your quote "...If you’re given the same set of cues and you output the same response, it would seem that you lack indeterminacy. Did the woman lose her free will while she was experiencing amnesia?..."

I'm glad you now admit that the inputs were different as were the responses so your example really doesn't say much about determinacy or free will.

At least for the two areas that I'm familiar with, that's a remarkably biased review.

It is not my area of expertise so I'll take your word for it. But I think the 2018 Royal Society Review is a pretty good indication that quantum effects in biological systems is an active area of scientific research that has significant proponents.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.