No. of Recommendations: 1
The ira max. at this time is $2000.
If she does not work where they offer a 401k or the like, than this would be the way to go to start for retirment. (and is not self employeed)
The extra money leftover would then need to go into a taxable account.
It may be that the ira max might go up to $5000 in the future, but that remains to be seen as of yet.
In a taxable account you could look into tax effeicent funds in order to reduce your tax burden.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.