Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
"Australian man eats nothing but KFC for an entire month - and discovers the shocking effect it had on his body WASN'T the worst part of his fast food free-for-all"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10269365/KFC-30-day...

t
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't think much of this technique.

Try consuming nothing but water for a month. The results will be horrible (if you even survive). Obviously, water is bad for you and you should never touch the stuff.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Try consuming nothing but water for a month. The results will be horrible (if you even survive). Obviously, water is bad for you and you should never touch the stuff.

Obviously true.

But tele’s post was still funny.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Bourbon or Scotch would be a better choice. Same effect but feeling no pain.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Bourbon or Scotch would be a better choice. Same effect but feeling no pain.

A nice single malt such as DalWhinnie 15 year should do the trick.
Perhaps he was eating too much - period. But certainly, eating nothing but fried chicken and
whichever sides would tend to be heavy on carbohydrates - assuming that he ate all the breading
and all the fries and - so on.

Howie52
I suspect the conclusion is that if a person does stupid things repeatedly, he or she will
not always be satisfied with the results.
From the article;
'One of the biggest differences I saw was my mental health decline,' he said in one video.

Methinks that his mental health declined to go on that diet in the first place.

"Bourbon or Scotch would be a better choice. Same effect but feeling no pain."

A nice single malt such as DalWhinnie 15 year should do the trick.

I'd stick with beer, me.
;-)

C.J.V. - but I own Molson Coors stock, me
Nothing new, Morgan Spurlock did something similar with McD's years ago.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

As an aside, Spurlock had a TV show called "30 Days" which was interesting if not over the top.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437696/

One episode he had guys taking testosterone and HGH and tracking their effects.

JLC
Didn't Subway have a program that went with "Eat Fresh.". The guy claimed to lose weight on their diet.
z'Didn't Subway have a program that went with "Eat Fresh.". The guy claimed to lose weight on their diet. "

At least Subway has salads you can get. KFC? don't think so. McD? joke....

So you can get your veggies at Subway..... and a pizza.....and all sorts of fattening meatball subs or subs drowned in cheese and sauce.... or NOT.....

Many subways have egg sandwiches for breakfast , too. and coffee.

t.
Didn't Subway have a program that went with "Eat Fresh.". The guy claimed to lose weight on their diet. - pauleckler

---------------------

Yep, Jared Fogle. He lost a lot of weight. Too bad the diet had the unfortunate side effect of turning him into a pedophile.
It’s incredible how damaging the sex drive has been to the human race/people’s lives.

I think it goes a little deeper than that. Lack of morality and self esteem has to factor in.
It’s incredible how damaging the sex drive has been to the human race/people’s lives.

But the human race would be far worse off without it.

To bad getting pregnant isn't a little more complicated than 'put that in there'.
KFC = Kill Flipping Chickens !!!
"KFC = Kill Flipping Chickens !!! "

Only the real little ones.

Howie52
Then bread the devil out of them.
certainly, eating nothing but fried chicken and
whichever sides would tend to be heavy on carbohydrates - assuming that he ate all the breading
and all the fries and - so on.

Also, the items were fried in oil derived from seeds. Man has been eating butter and olive oil for centuries, but seed oils, which are heavily processed, are a recent concoction.

There are a lot of "calories aren't just calories" kinds things--100 calories from candy or bread is not the same as 100 calories from an apple or potato. The body's response is different in a lot of ways.
Didn't Subway have a program that went with "Eat Fresh.". The guy claimed to lose weight on their diet.

IIRC, he ate a whole veggie sub and half a turkey sub each day. He also went from nearly no physical activity to walking to the Subway store for his meals. Rather than implying that Subway food is good for you, this might be a case of "three half sandwiches are less bad than piles of chips, pizza and candy washed down with liters of soda."

Because of its high sugar content, Subway "bread" is classified as confection:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/01/irish-court-ru...