Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
The last couple of racks that I've grilled have been better than the results when I attempted the 3-2-1 method.

I did 3-2-1 once. They were so soft; way way beyond 'fall off the bone' soft.

Even my sharpest thin blade fish filet knife just mangled the meat. Shoulda just hand-stripped the bones out and called it pulled pork.

IMHO, the meat shouldn't separate from the bone without a gentle tug; not literally fall off when you pick it up.

Oh, I agree. However, my results were the opposite. The meat was overcooked. I was using full racks from Costco and they always seemed way too tough even if I attempted shorter cook times and/or adding liquid to the foil portion.

Hence the reason I went back to just "grilling" them for a short time-frame, with wood added to the charcoal, and have had better results. *shrug*

Bill

P.S. I am not a BBQ purist who thinks there's only "one correct way" to smoke something properly. Whatever works, works.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.