No. of Recommendations: 0

The last time I willingly owned an inkjet was when Apple gave them away with the computer as part of their back to school special. We bought new computers for the family, and when the inkjet ran out of ink, we just opened a new printer. Once the last one ran out, we tossed them and have not had one since.

Kathleen

It was a long time ago but between Apple and somewhere else I had collected 3 free inkjet printers which were all collecting dust after about a year due to my strong preference for a laser printer. I think I picked up a Brothers laser printer for about $99 about 10+ years ago and it still works fine and I think the toner was only replaced once. The others I gave away.

Personally I'm not a fan of the all in one product. It usually doesn't do anything well and in the old days (not sure about now) if one thing broke or was out (i.e., ink) it wouldn't even let me scan. Best bet is to get a scanner and a laser printer. And unless you are doing a ton of photo printing you can take them somewhere and get them more professionally printer.

Even with a laser toner you can gently rock the cartridge or tape over the sensor to get more pages out of it before it is truly empty. Companies love to make you buy stuff before it is needed.

Good luck
Rich
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.