Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
And I read something interesting. But it does not give me enough information about it, the mortgage credit certificate (MCC). This is the first time I hear about such a thing. I also downloaded IRS publications 523 & 530, In publication 523 I read "contact the appropiate gov. agency to get the MCC". I live in FL. and I have A FHA loan, Who is this Mysterious agency in my area?
I purchased my house in 5/1997, Can I get backpay if I qualify?
I have never claimed my interest on my itemized 1040 because I get more money out of my EIC and Child credit. I use TAX CUT software for my taxes and it always recomends the standard instead of the Itemized because I get more moolah like that.
My next question is, If I am better of with the standard tax return, do I qualify for the MCC?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.