No. of Recommendations: 1
I've heard about this book for years as it gets recommended often as required reading; especially for those who aspire to be financially independent and/or retired early (FIRE). I finally got around to getting my own copy and opened it up for the first time just this morning.

I believe it was originally published in '96 or '97 give or take. In this version (Amazon Kindle), there is a Preface written by one of the authors dated 2010. In it, he refers to the recent recession (which as I recall had started improving dramatically by then) and how most millionaires-next-door (MND) weren't heavily affected by it. He went on to say that most MND's had only 20 to 30% of their assets in stocks.

I found that kind of astounding considering I'd have never been able to step foot into this FIRE arena had I not invested heavily in stocks over the years.

Draggon
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.