Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The most important piece of information: Are you having fun?

Yes.

It stems from the fact that I KNOW I'll get to level 20 with a full group and a full group will be well over-powered for anything. So basically, I can pretty much screw up on the character builds and still finish the game.

Which leads me to...

RPG games and tactical sims are pretty much the same game (which is why I like them). Both involve you building a group to solve a problem with unique pieces. The RPG usually involves more story than the tactical sim. I think Battletech, a very tight game, upped my need for optimization on these sorts of games and with my previous post (and a couple more levels under me in Pathfinder) I've relaxed a little and am simply back to enjoying the game.

There are a million options in Pathfinder. Probably more. No exaggeration. At least in Battletech they were fairly clear, but I also had more hours into the game. I just have to realize I'm learning a whole new system here and not worry. I can optomize if I ever do a second play-through. I realize I've already screwed up a bit, but no big deal.

[For those that haven't started, complete EVERYTHING in the first town before following the main quest. I closed down some options and don't think I get to go back and do them later by not doing this.]

Yes, I'm having fun.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.